Rickard, Does He Ever Lay One Down?

ORIOLE33

I'm asking because I rarely get to see weeknight games, but The games I have seen, I don't recall seeing him bunt. With his speed, it should be in his approach.

I've seen him bunt a few times. I doesn't look like he's well versed in the art of bunting. Small sample size to judge off of though.

I agree though, it should be part of his game.

I'm asking because I rarely get to see weeknight games, but The games I have seen, I don't recall seeing him bunt. With his speed, it should be in his approach.

Being the offensive stalwart he already is why would you want him to bunt?

Apparently he's another guy that Showalter is in love with, which means he'll be in the lineup every day until he gets down to the Flaherty line.

I honestly believe, if Kim was in the lineup more often, he's be a much better hitter than Rickard, who, I' afraid to say, strikes be as a 240-250 type hitter. But he does have speed. I'll like to see him use it more.

Dare I invoke the name of David Lough?

Rickard is probably a better hitter than Lough at least.

Am I missing something with Richard? I'm not saying he is good glove quality but I feel like rickard finds a way to impress me in the field everyday. I believe he gunned out a baserunner trying for second last night. He was on sc top ten the day before for a dive in foul territory. Not sure why everyone is disappointed with his defense. He seems to have a great arm too

Am I missing something with Richard? I'm not saying he is good glove quality but I feel like rickard finds a way to impress me in the field everyday. I believe he gunned out a baserunner trying for second last night. He was on sc top ten the day before for a dive in fowl territory. Not sure why everyone is disappointed with his defense. He seems to have a great arm too

San-Diego-Chicken.jpg

I think what Buck likes about Rickard is that he takes a lot of pitches and lets the guys behind him get a good look at the pitcher's stuff. 4.36 P/PA is very high. I also think Buck believes he's a better defender than Reimold or Kim. It's a long season and I don't think we can assume that Rickard will start 140-150 games just because he's on pace to do it now. Buck makes his adjustments gradually.

I agree he should not be batting lead off or getting as much playing time as he does. I was just curious why many posters don't seem to like his defense. I am probably just oblivious

Probably because his metrics are quite poor, but also it's so early that you cannot possibly draw any conclusions from them.

I think what Buck likes about Rickard is that he takes a lot of pitches and lets the guys behind him get a good look at the pitcher's stuff. 4.36 P/PA is very high. I also think Buck believes he's a better defender than Reimold or Kim. It's a long season and I don't think we can assume that Rickard will start 140-150 games just because he's on pace to do it now. Buck makes his adjustments gradually.

I think Buck probably wants to see if his high minor league OBPs will carry over, and you can't do that if you overreact to a guy's first month or two in at this level.

Archived