Time to DFA Ubaldo

LookitsPuck

If I were Ubaldo I'd volunteer to go to Norfolk and work on fixing my mechanics. Other wise it is inevitable he gets DFA and doubtful anyone picks him up.

Teach him a knuckleball. He doesn't know where anything else is going anyhow.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Couldn't Ubaldo technically go to AAA? We would just need his permission to option him?

Let's find out if he's such a great teammate. If not DFA him. Also can our fans catch a first row HR ball?

If he gets DFA the only way he gets picked up is if he signs a MiL deal, IMO.

Couldn't Ubaldo technically go to AAA? We would just need his permission to option him?

Let's find out if he's such a great teammate. If not DFA him. Also can our fans catch a first row HR ball?

It appears Jiminez has only used up two of his option years (2006 and 2007) so he has one more option we could use. But since he has more than 5 years service time we need his permission.

I can't see how he pitches another inning for this team. Throwing him out there because of the contract is not an excuse any more, and it says that the FO is ok with a pretty much guaranteed loss every 5 days and that is not acceptable for a team with hopes of reaching the playoffs and World Series.

I can't see how he pitches another inning for this team. Throwing him out there because of the contract is not an excuse any more, and it says that the FO is ok with a pretty much guaranteed loss every 5 days and that is not acceptable for a team with hopes of reaching the playoffs and World Series.

DFA and replac with Nick Addition from Norfolk. Time to see if Nick is just AAA filler or a usable left handed piece. I can not see Nick doing any worse than does Ubaldo. If he does the cost of his release is a prorated MLB Minimum.

He is being sent to fill the long reliever position in the bullpen.

If I were Ubaldo I'd volunteer to go to Norfolk and work on fixing my mechanics. Other wise it is inevitable he gets DFA and doubtful anyone picks him up.

I'd be interested to see him work as a closer in Norfolk. Maybe he be nasty max effort for 20 pitches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the Orioles have designs on winning the Division, they simply cannot trust Ubaldo any

longer. The choices are DL, DFA, or accept a minor league training session. If he refuses

to allow the send-down, it's time to cut bait.

The options to replace him will have to come from the farm. Just cycle some "maybes"

thru the Major League club and see what, if anything, sticks. If something does, he gets

used til it falls apart, then open auditions begin again.

He is being sent to fill the long reliever position in the bullpen.

I don't think he should even have that role at this point. You cant afford to hide him in the bullpen because the rotation is so weak.

Archived