Time to DFA Ubaldo

LookitsPuck

Who needs to hide him? I fully expect to see a guy go 3IP 5R at least once every trip through the rotation.

So do I lol. Maybe Buck can just throw Ubaldo, Wright and Wilson out there every 5th day and give them each 3IP regardless of runs and give the bullpen a day off every 5 days. I mean were pretty much guaranteed a loss anyway, just try to go 4-1 every 5 games. I'm out of ideas and unless we gut the farm I just don't see things improving this season.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So do I lol. Maybe Buck can just throw Ubaldo, Wright and Wilson out there every 5th day and give them each 3IP regardless of runs and give the bullpen a day off every 5 days. I mean were pretty much guaranteed a loss anyway, just try to go 4-1 every 5 games. I'm out of ideas and unless we gut the farm I just don't see things improving this season.

Gut the Farm sounds as if it may be a plan.

Unfortunately I think it may be the only plan. The only problem with that is do we even have enough to get anyone that would be an upgrade. I just don't think we have the top level prospects to pull off a trade for a significant upgrade.

DFA and replac with Nick Addition from Norfolk. Time to see if Nick is just AAA filler or a usable left handed piece. I can not see Nick doing any worse than does Ubaldo. If he does the cost of his release is a prorated MLB Minimum.

Nick is 1-10? Huh?

Nick is 1-10? Huh?

Look past the record and you see a pitcher that for his Minor League Career has been consistent which is better than what we are getting from Ubaldo, Wright and Wilson. He is Left Handed which the Orioles DO NOT have. Time for him to either make the show or release him as he has had ten years of MiLB experience. He gets righties out better than lefties.

Unfortunately I think it may be the only plan. The only problem with that is do we even have enough to get anyone that would be an upgrade. I just don't think we have the top level prospects to pull off a trade for a significant upgrade.
It doesn't take much to be a significant upgrade. Any on who can give us 6 and 3 most times out would be a yuge upgrade over Ubaldo, Wilson, and Wright.

It appears Jiminez has only used up two of his option years (2006 and 2007) so he has one more option we could use. But since he has more than 5 years service time we need his permission.
Has anyone actually asked him permission? If not, then Buck needs to explain to him that the only way that he can be helped is for him to go to the minors.

As bad as he has been there are 20 SP with 80 IP who's fWAR is lower, including several who have been suggested as upgrades: Niese, Liriano, Santiago, Shields,etc

. The worst is Bucholtz.

That issue was discussed yesterday.

Turns out his BABIP looks sustainable when you notice that over 18% of the strikes he has thrown are put into play with an exit velocity of 100MPH+. If he isn't striking someone out the ball is getting tattooed.

I think that's always been the plan. Bundy and Harvey are and have been the only TOR types, so everyone else is expendable. If we continue to win and Bundy and Harvey our mlb SP's then DD's plan will have worked.

Really if you break it down it makes sense. We already have our stars. They're young. DD is really good at finding relievers and role players for cheap. Everyone loves winning at the mlb level.

I think that's always been the plan. Bundy and Harvey are and have been the only TOR types, so everyone else is expendable. If we continue to win and Bundy and Harvey our mlb SP's then DD's plan will have worked.

Really if you break it down it makes sense. We already have our stars. They're young. DD is really good at finding relievers and role players for cheap. Everyone loves winning at the mlb level.

It's Bundy and Harvey any team is going to want, for any big time upgrade.

Archived