Time to DFA Ubaldo

LookitsPuck

I'm not opposed to it, but who is going to take his place?

You really think Worley is worse? Except for last night when he walked a couple he's usually around the plate. That's more than I can say about Jimenez. I'd be willing to see some combination of Bundy and Worley in his place until he learns his way hasn't worked. And hopefully Gallardo is better when he comes back.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wright and Wilson both have options, Jimenez does not.

I know. But they both have been significantly better than Ubaldo, so the question is do you send either of them down when Gallardo returns in order to keep Jiminez in the rotation or do you send Jiminez to the pen when Gallardo returns and send somebody out of the pen (Matusz, for example) ?

Wow there's a lot of bad ideas in this thread. DFA Ubaldo is silly, angry, reactionary talk. It's not logical. We have nobody to take his place. Worley, the long man, is even worse. No, at least two people would need to be beating down the door before that becomes a legitimate option.

The guy talking about getting rid of Bundy because he had a rough day? Come on. Get your emotions together people!!

About time someone said it. DFA HIM NOW!!! lol

Ubaldo has 8 quality starts in his last 13 outings, and by the posts in this thread you would think he is giving up 8 runs a game consistently.

You take the good with the bad and clearly today was not good, but there will be some good...some average along the way too.

I know. But they both have been significantly better than Ubaldo, so the question is do you send either of them down when Gallardo returns in order to keep Jiminez in the rotation or do you send Jiminez to the pen when Gallardo returns and send somebody out of the pen (Matusz, for example) ?

Well, I still think Wright would be better suited to the pen, but I don't see that happening. If you send either him or Wilson down they can get regular work as starters. Although, a Matusz DFA would be a welcome event. Don't see that happening either because of money just like Jimenez.

Ubaldo has 8 quality starts in his last 13 outings, and by the posts in this thread you would think he is giving up 8 runs a game consistently.

You take the good with the bad and clearly today was not good, but there will be some good...some average along the way too.

I don't know where you are getting your facts from. He's made 9 starts this season, and has only three quality starts. He has allowed more earned runs than innings pitched in 3 of his last 5 starts and has a 6 ERA for the season, which are pathetic numbers.

I wouldn't shed a tear if he was DFAd, although I'm sure the team isn't ready to write him off yet.

The lack of flexibility in the bullpen is a major problem--Givens is the only guy with options, but he's too important to send down.

I don't know where you got your stats but he's giving up 12 hits per 9 innings and 5 walks. Everytime he goes to the mound is a guaranteed loss. I remember when Dave Johnson was promoted in the why not year. Gave the team a shot in the arm and nobody would have predicted it. Bottom line hear is that we need to move him to the pen and hope he gets his stuff together. Doesn't really matter who takes his place, whoever it is is better then a guaranteed loss.

I don't know where you are getting your facts from. He's made 9 starts this season, and has only three quality starts. He has allowed more earned runs than innings pitched in 3 of his last 5 starts and has a 6 ERA for the season, which are pathetic numbers.

I wouldn't shed a tear if he was DFAd, although I'm sure the team isn't ready to write him off yet.

The lack of flexibility in the bullpen is a major problem--Givens is the only guy with options, but he's too important to send down.

You apparently missed the "last 13 starts" part. Oh and I'm sorry, it is now 8 out of last 14 including today so I was a bit off there.

You apparently missed the "last 13 starts" part. Oh and I'm sorry, it is now 8 out of last 14 including today so I was a bit off there.

And he's had 8 starts this year making five of your starts irrelevent

The team is 4-5 in the games Ubaldo has started. Not what you'd like to see, but hardly the point where he'll get yanked from the rotation. He's a streaky guy and could easily turn his season around. I'm not saying I'm sure he will, but it's way too early to assume he won't.

That's pretty easy. Demote Jimenez to the bullpen and send Givens down. The Orioles won't DFA Matusz. They'll have to eat $4 million plus he's the only situational lefty available out of the bullpen.

The team is 4-5 in the games Ubaldo has started. Not what you'd like to see, but hardly the point where he'll get yanked from the rotation. He's a streaky guy and could easily turn his season around. I'm not saying I'm sure he will, but it's way too early to assume he won't.

He has an ERA of 4.93 and WHIP of 1.53 over the last calendar year. That's not streakiness. That's a bad pitcher.

Archived