Time to DFA Ubaldo

LookitsPuck

I think that it's time to eat up Matusz's contract and let him go. Then there will be room.
Then you have two low leverage mop up guys in Bundy and Ubaldo. when we hardly need one, and no one to face LH bats. Poor use of resources. Sure get rid of Matusz but replace him with Drake or McF.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Then you have two low leverage mop up guys in Bundy and Ubaldo. when we hardly need one, and no one to face LH bats. Poor use of resources. Sure get rid of Matusz but replace him with Drake or McF.
Well, someone has to go when Gallardo comes back.

His last two starts we lost 10-0 and 10-2. Those games would have been big wins for us. Buck needs to send a message to the rest of the players that money doesn't matter and performance does. If we leave him in, it sends the opposite message and potentially deflates moral.

Agree.

Another stat to tell the tale.. his last 7 starts:

Wins 1

Loss 4

ERA 6.75

WHIP 1.86

I saw a post saying he went from the 4 seam to the 2 seam, then back to the 4 seam. Is he considering going back?

DFA him today? Possible, but unlikely.

Take him out of the rotation and let Vance start a game or 2? What is there to lose?

Don't wait on Gallardo.. he just started throwing again.

Personally, I'd dfa Matusz, move ubaldo to the pen and give Chris Lee a shot to pitch.

We need a lefty in the rotation anyways.

Couldn't be worse than ubaldo as a starter, gives ubaldo a chance to work on things in a low leverage situation and it gets rid of the epic disaster that is Brian Matusz.

Win win win.

I don't know if he will or not.

What I do know is he is 23, was very highly regarded and is healthy after missing pretty close to the last three years.

That is not something I am willing to throw away.

He isn't hurting the team by soaking up low leverage innings in the pen.

The biggest problem with Bundy is he is a"victim" of the system. He seems healthy but could really use some time in AA building up his innings and pitches. Victim isn't the best word there but I think the point remains.

Wish they'd let him throw his damn cutter. If he remembers how, of course.

HE's been throwing it since he returned to baseball. He was throwing it when he was in Bowie before his Tommy John with a different name.

The biggest problem with Bundy is he is a"victim" of the system. He seems healthy but could really use some time in AA building up his innings and pitches. Victim isn't the best word there but I think the point remains.

He is a victim of his agent and his contract that he held out for.

He is a victim of his agent and his contract that he held out for.

I have made no secret of my dislike of Dylan Bundy.

But the Orioles were absolutely stupid to give him that contract. Again JMO

EDIT: Back to the question at hand. Get rid of Brian Matusz and relegate Ubaldo to the pen. I guess we have to bring someone up TJ? Bundy and Ubaldo can NOT be trusted and we need a Lefty, preferably 2

I have made no secret of my dislike of Dylan Bundy.

But the Orioles were absolutely stupid to give him that contract. Again JMO

EDIT: Back to the question at hand. Get rid of Brian Matusz and relegate Ubaldo to the pen. I guess we have to bring someone up TJ? Bundy and Ubaldo can NOT be trusted and we need a Lefty, preferably 2

TJ just got hurt in Norfolk.

We have little idea what we have in Wright and Wilson. No way does this happen. There should be zero thought of replacing Ubaldo at least until Gallardo returns and even then it will not happen. He is who he is, an inconsistent pitcher who we hope levels out with some good performances.

I agree with your position sir but momentum changes when your down 6-0 so assuming we would have scored the same number of runs is a fallacy.

Ubaldo isn't even keeping us in the game. There are no better options currently but he has been downright awful.

Bottom line: DD shouldn't be allowed to make free agent decisions, maybe that's why PA took over the Crush negotiations:)

We could have signed Latos, Fister or Simon: all prob on par with Gallardo and not cost us a pick. Just bad decision making and about time DD gets some blame.

Alfredo Simon is 1-5 with an ERA of 10. He has been even worse then Ubaldo. Latos started out very good but from watching him he has nothing left it was smoke and mirrors and facing the Twins twice and A's once. In his last 5 starts his ERA is 8 and teams are hitting about .400 off him. Fister has been ok but his lack of velocity has to be a major concern he has lost the fastball completely.

Archived