What, no Matusz appreciation thread?

Moose Milligan

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad he made Ortiz and quite a few other prominent LHB sluggers over the years look like fools.

By all accounts he was a great guy. Did a ton for the community.

Really wish he could have regained his changeup and control. Hope he goes somewhere and flourishes as a starter in short order and then go on to becoming a Cy Young candidate.

He never deserved the derision heaped upon him.

It makes me wonder if Buck and his pitching coaches ruined his development as well. Remember how good Matusz looked during the last two months of the 2010 season under Kranitz? It looked like he was turning the corner and on his way to being a really good starting pitcher. Than Buck decided to jettison Kranitz and bring in Mark Connor as his pitching coach and his pitching completely fell apart.

Matusz was a good dude. I know he picked up a lot of the charity commitments that Markakis used to do. He was the main Oriole involved with Casey Cares. Meeting kids with cancer before every home game. He didn't have to do that.
I remember that. All while people in the forums were deriding him,Matusz was giving back to the community. Wonder who will take his place?

I remember that. All while people in the forums were deriding him,Matusz was giving back to the community. Wonder who will take his place?

Wieters also does many things for the community. He will also probably be gone. Jones does some things and O'Day with vets,etc. Buck's wife also does many charitable events. Most players have to do something since it is written into the contracts. Some just go behind this like Matusz.

Wieters also does many things for the community. He will also probably be gone. Jones does some things and O'Day with vets,etc. Buck's wife also does many charitable events. Most players have to do something since it is written into the contracts. Some just go behind this like Matusz.

i guess this event is gone.

Orioles and Brian Matusz support Fare Walk for Food Allergies

Orioles pitcher Brian Matusz is partnering in the FARE (Food Allergy Research & Education) Walk for Food Allergy on Sunday, October 9, at the Maryland Zoo in Baltimore. Matusz, who suffers from a peanut allergy, is being recognized as the local FARE Honorary Ambassador. As a fundraising incentive, the Orioles will donate items such as a signed Matusz jersey and a pregame on-field meet and greet with Orioles players, including four tickets to a select game.

Blowing three fastballs by Hamilton in the 2012 wild card playoff was pretty great.

Crowning moment of his career.

<iframe src='http://m.mlb.com/shared/video/embed/embed.html?content_id=25338719&width=400&height=224&property=mlb' width='400' height='224' frameborder='0'>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

I'll always be a bit wistful about Matusz. In 2009-10 he showed a lot of potential to be a TOR starter with his array of pitches. We'll never really know what happened to knock him off course. In any event, he was good in the community and had his moments on the field.

I'd love to see him spend a year in AAA rebuilding himself as a starter. I honestly don't know that he's got the stuff to do that anymore, but I'd love to see him try.

I'll always be a bit wistful about Matusz. In 2009-10 he showed a lot of potential to be a TOR starter with his array of pitches. We'll never really know what happened to knock him off course. In any event, he was good in the community and had his moments on the field.

I'd love to see him spend a year in AAA rebuilding himself as a starter. I honestly don't know that he's got the stuff to do that anymore, but I'd love to see him try.

He got to do more than most boys growing up and dreaming of playing pro ball.

Crowning moment of his career.

<iframe src='http://m.mlb.com/shared/video/embed/embed.html?content_id=25338719&width=400&height=224&property=mlb' width='400' height='224' frameborder='0'>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

I'll remember this.

I think he has heath issues which don't make Baltimore a great place for him. He will sign with San Diego next year. Or sooner.

Archived