Dylan Bundy Thread

drdelaware

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can someone name another pitcher with a injury history as long as Bundy that bounced back to a stellar career? I am just curious because I finally am in the trade now camp.

During the next two seasons, xxxxx struggled with arm injuries. He threw just 40 innings the following year and was sent to rehabilitation. He had surgery and missed the entire next season. He was placed on waivers and was left unprotected in the expansion draft one month later, but was not claimed.

Know who? Hint....he did come back pretty good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

During the next two seasons, xxxxx struggled with arm injuries. He threw just 40 innings the following year and was sent to rehabilitation. He had surgery and missed the entire next season. He was placed on waivers and was left unprotected in the expansion draft one month later, but was not claimed.

This is a tough one. Thinking about when there were expansion drafts as the starting point.

While I was considering different pitchers, I was looking at various careers. Not necessarily relevant to the question, but in my perusing I came across this little nugget, which I found amusing. David Wells is listed at 6-3 187lbs on his BBRef page. That certainly was an early career weigh-in.

Jim Palmer

The sad thing for Bundy is that contract he signed, may cost him a lot of money in the future. Instead of going through a normal rehab and development at AA,AAA, he is forced to do it at the big league level. It will likely slow his progress as a starter. It's too bad the contract language couldn't deal with injuries and actual service time.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Bundy Ready to compete at MLB level. <a href="https://t.co/GtvgNlhPSU">pic.twitter.com/GtvgNlhPSU</a></p>— Orioles Hangout (@OriolesHangout) <a href="

">January 25, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived