Dylan Bundy Thread

drdelaware

I'll just be happy if we can hang on to him until he hits the open market in FA by any means necessary, unless we trade him, of course. I wouldn't mind trading him if we get real value (like Cargo or someone) in exchange.

I'll be darned if they just DFA him for some rebuilding team to pick him up and turn him into the next Arrieta. If we can't have a successful Bundy then nobody else should either, unless they are willing to compensate us. Kind of hope a loosely-defined, nebulous "injury" crops up so we keep everyone else's grubby little hands off of him without having to take up a roster spot.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll just be happy if we can hang on to him until he hits the open market in FA by any means necessary, unless we trade him, of course. I wouldn't mind trading him if we get real value (like Cargo or someone) in exchange.

I'll be darned if they just DFA him for some rebuilding team to pick him up and turn him into the next Arrieta. If we can't have a successful Bundy then nobody else should either, unless they are willing to compensate us. Kind of hope a loosely-defined, nebulous "injury" crops up so we keep everyone else's grubby little hands off of him without having to take up a roster spot.

I don't think this is a legitimate scenario.

Thrift oversaw some Pirate teams that developed a lot of good young players.

Thrift made some trades that worked out well for the Pirates (Van Slyke, Drabek, etc.), but I'm not sure I'd credit him for having much to do with developing good young players. Bonds, Bonilla, etc., were already in the system. And multiple people who worked for the Pirates in those days told me he was not to be trusted. There are things for which he deserved credit, but maybe the Bucs were lucky to rid themselves of him so quickly before he had a chance to do to the Pirates what he did to the Orioles (although they certainly managed it on their own).

While Bundy hasn't directly blamed the Orioles he has mentioned mechanical changes they made which he now feels were wrong for him.
Im not trying to hijack this thread but I talked to some pitching experts and coaches recently. Many believe the Orioles ruined Bundy and tried to change him and that contributed to his arm problems.I dont know that I agree, but I heard it from several people.

It's this exact type of thinking that set Arrieta up for failure here. The Cubs basically let him get back to his basics and do what worked best for him.

Why is everyone so down....he says he's healthy to me it's a wait and see

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Alot of people say they're healthy, Grant Balfour said he was healthy. Anything the O's can get from Bundy in a productive format would be a bonus. He's injured all the time, lost velocity, I personally don't see much room for optimism but anyone who puts on a O's uniform I will pull for them to perform well.

As far as trading him for someone worthwhile, think that possibility flew out the window years ago.

Grammer police strikes again. I told you it was tired before still is.

It's grammar. And those two were just quoting lyrics.

You telling lies thinking I can't see

You don't cry cos you're laughing at me

I'm down (I'm really down)

I'm down (Down on the ground)

How can you laugh when you know I'm down

(How can you laugh) When you know I'm down

Man buys ring woman throws it away

Same old thing happens everyday

We're all alone and there's nobody else

You still moan, "Keep your hands to yourself!"

Oh baby I'm down (Down on the ground)

(How can you laugh) When you know I'm down.

Waaaao! Baby I'm down

Alot of people say they're healthy' date=' Grant Balfour said he was healthy. Anything the O's can get from Bundy in a productive format would be a bonus. He's injured all the time, lost velocity, I personally don't see much room for optimism but anyone who puts on a O's uniform I will pull for them to perform well.

As far as trading him for someone worthwhile, think that possibility flew out the window years ago.[/quote']

I'm all for trading him if we can get a nugget. I was just responding to the folks who were overlay negative about him. Either he's good for us out brings us someone good.

I'm all for trading him if we can get a nugget. I was just responding to the folks who were overlay negative about him. Either he's good for us out brings us someone good.

I pretty much agree with you.

It's grammar. And those two were just quoting lyrics.

You telling lies thinking I can't see

You don't cry cos you're laughing at me

Man buys ring woman throws it away

Same old thing happens everyday

We're all alone and there's nobody else

You still moan, "Keep your hands to yourself!"

Oh baby I'm down (Down on the ground)

(How can you laugh) When you know I'm down.

Waaaao! Baby I'm down

I did this last time I responded to him. I'm cursed :)

I pretty much agree with you.

*or

I'm paranoid now.

Archived