TT: The Orioles are a mediocre team

Tony-OH

Aw, man, I feel like I missed something. Was this June 21/over .500 thing an actual betting option somewhere, or just something a knucklehead at ESPN spewed a month or two ago? Either way, it's pretty funny!

Post 42 in this thread.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are average teams 12 games over .500 right now?

Certainly not, but erratic and winning are two separate things. Posters say this team is inconsistent. I'm asking if they are any more inconsistent or "erratic" than one could reasonably expect a team to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mediocre is kind

I had them as 70-92 pre-season, and maybe their hot start will keep them from 92 losses but it will

still be close.

They'd have to go 35-69 the rest of the way, as they're halfway to 70 wins 35% of the way into the schedule. I'm sure your projection is something like 22-82.

Remember when you strongly advocated selling and rebuilding on Memorial Day 2014?

Honestly, I think there's a little bit of familiarity bias in watching the Os, w/r/t inconsistency. I'd venture to guess perceived inconsistency (particularly vs. the norm) is a source of frustration for all fans. The mythical consistent teams are probably few and far between.

Inconsistency has not been a problem for Cubs fans this year where it is SRO at the Maddon/Epstein fan club meetings.

Inconsistency has not been a problem for Cubs fans this year where it is SRO at the Maddon/Epstein fan club meetings.
So one team of thirty, who has the best record in baseball. Ok.

The title for most consistent team in baseball probably comes down to either the Twins or Braves.

They'd have to go 35-69 the rest of the way, as they're halfway to 70 wins 35% of the way into the schedule. I'm sure your projection is something like 22-82.

Remember when you strongly advocated selling and rebuilding on Memorial Day 2014?

Don't expect to hear from Webbrick2010 until the Orioles lose a game or two.

Archived