Duquette Run Is Over

FSUBobcat7

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you had seen him pitched in Bowie, like I did. You could tell he wasn't the same pitcher, he wasn't dominant or effective. For whatever reason.

Ditto. Ditto. And in spring training. Tim Berry looked better.

You hadn't heard, with all the thousands of posts in multiple threads about Jake?

Weams listed 3 guys with well known histories of substance abuse and compared them to Arrieta.

No, in ALL those thousands of posts, I never heard one whisper about substance abuse.

Weams now says his choosing those three names was unintentional.

At some point people need to stop giving Duquette a free pass.

What free pass is he getting? He's been very successful as GM of the Orioles.

I care about the O's winning games, and they've done that consistently under DD. When that stops happening, I will start having a problem with him.

Weams listed 3 guys with well known histories of substance abuse and compared them to Arrieta.

No, in ALL those thousands of posts, I never heard one whisper about substance abuse.

Yeah, it was. I meant that they had issues. Whatever they were. And we never know what goes on with these guys. I have no knowledge whatsover of Jake abusing any medications or PEDs. I do recall many folks saying he was a head case before. And that he appears straightened out now.

Also, I do not think I ever knew, until it was over, that Rowell and Adams were drug users. Just head cases. Who knows what goes on with any of these guys. I was just saying that to believe on article or another about outside problems may not be as accurate as looking at what may have been an inside issue. I always heard Jake was un-coachable. As my wife tells me over and over, Jake appears to lead the cleanest of existences now.

What free pass is he getting? He's been very successful as GM of the Orioles.

I care about the O's winning games, and they've done that consistently under DD. When that stops happening, I will start having a problem with him.

In regards to whining about payroll. It's close to $140m. Toronto is at $146m. Tampa at $60m. New York at $227m (at apparently $130m in 2017...), Boston at $198m.

We're a mid market team with a payroll well above league average. It's time to stop pointing the finger at Angelos when it comes to payroll.

Truth be told, you could have resigned Cruz last year and let Davis walk this year. And if we think Angelos was meddling, did Angelos meddle w/ Nick Markakis? He was the Golden Child to Angelos.

Just saying...Duquette isn't some victim of Peter Angelos here. He was blacklisted by baseball, revived by the O's and then tried to take off a couple years into a 6 year extension. At some point you have to give Angelos some credit and call out Duquette.

In regards to whining about payroll. It's close to $140m. Toronto is at $146m. Tampa at $60m. New York at $227m (at apparently $130m in 2017...), Boston at $198m.

We're a mid market team with a payroll well above league average. It's time to stop pointing the finger at Angelos when it comes to payroll.

Truth be told, you could have resigned Cruz last year and let Davis walk this year. And if we think Angelos was meddling, did Angelos meddle w/ Nick Markakis? He was the Golden Child to Angelos.

Just saying...Duquette isn't some victim of Peter Angelos here. He was blacklisted by baseball, revived by the O's and then tried to take off a couple years into a 6 year extension. At some point you have to give Angelos some credit and call out Duquette.

You think that if DD could offer opt outs, give FA SP 5 year + and 20 M+ AAV, spend on big ticket International talent, bid on posting for NPB players, go after Cuban defectors, he wouldn't do it because he's too stupid and incompetent? Why do you suppose he can't do any of these things? Why do you suppose he has to make risky trades with prospects and picks? Dumpster dive? Because he likes too? And our payroll wouldn't be this large if PA hadn't been obsessed with signing CD. DD had nothing to do with that.

If they had Davies would they have had to sign Gallardo?

We may have cut or traded him like Jake or Gonzo:) or told him not to throw his best pitch like Bundy:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived