O'Day DL, Wright Recalled

weams

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wright was replaced on the roster with a reliever. I assume Wright is still a starter.

I'm not so sure and Buck has been keeping a tight lip. The pen has been worked a lot lately, so it didn't surprise me to see BD or TJM come in relief lately. With Gallardo coming back Tuesday, I think he ends up taking Wright's spot. We'll see who starts on Monday- that would have been Wright's start before he got sent down I believe and I don't think you pitch Ubaldo on short rest (or any rest if it were me). It will be an interesting weekend pen wise, that's for sure.

sfosfan

I'm not so sure and Buck has been keeping a tight lip. The pen has been worked a lot lately, so it didn't surprise me to see BD or TJM come in relief lately. With Gallardo coming back Tuesday, I think he ends up taking Wright's spot. We'll see who starts on Monday- that would have been Wright's start before he got sent down I believe and I don't think you pitch Ubaldo on short rest (or any rest if it were me). It will be an interesting weekend pen wise, that's for sure.

sfosfan

I think he starts Worley in that spot.

sfosfan

When did they say Gallardo was coming back on Tuesday? Wouldn't he make another rehab start?

Sounds like a really bad idea. Drake or Richard Rodriguez seems better to me to replace O'Day.

Wright needs a break IMO.

Or Beato. Rodriquez really has earned a chance over the last 3 years.

I think this is a great opportunity for Wright and the O's to show he belongs on a ML bullpen. If he is used in the pen, it'll be interesting to find out how much faster his fastball is vs when he's a starter.

Plus didn't Wright just pitch. Is he even available to go tonight? Even with Norfolk playing 14 innings last night it looks like Drake and R.Rod would be ready to go.

Losing O'day is bad. Wright could be a huge part of this team if he can fill Givens role with everyone getting bumped up and important spot.

Exactly. Wright could possibly average 97 to 98 for an inning out of the pen. This is what Buck wants to find out. Also, I would imagine Wright must have handled his demotion with maturity, or else they probably would not recall him.

Thanks for the heads up Weams! I put my phone down for 1 hour... Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't see this news til this morning. Was too busy at work last night to be on my phone much.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Darren O'Day first hurt his hamstring in Houston, doesn't know whether he'll be back in 15 days. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a></p>— Rich Dubroff (@RichDubroffCSN) <a href="

">June 4, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

When did they say Gallardo was coming back on Tuesday? Wouldn't he make another rehab start?

I misread the news story- Gallardo is on a rehab start Tuesday and could be back end of the week. Next weekend will be ineresting.

sfosfan

• 2 weeks later...

Any word on whether O'Day will be ready to rejoin the Orioles on June 18 when he's eligible to come off the DL? The bullpen weathered his absence pretty well until this weekend, but now we could use him back sooner rather than later.

Archived