Bill Cowher at the Game Tonite - Booed By Baltimore Fans!

MagicBird

The jaw was in Balmer tonite at the Orioles Yankees game. I heard on the radio he would be there. Didn't kno why. So I was sitting 14 rows from the field behind the netting behind home plate. Around the 3rd inning he walks up the steps and people are asking if that's him. Duh, that jaw is real.

He was sitting in the first row with his GF Queen V. She sang the national anthem. I got to talk to him and I said "hey coach I was at super bowl 30." He gave me the fist pump/five and smiled. Then I said "it was great for us Cowboy fans." He didn't reply, but I loved reminding him of that game!

Thats his GF Queen V in the first pic

When they showed his face on the big screen he was booed, and it was louder than ARoid or Tex got booed. He got red faced and smiled and waved.

Wow. Some folks just have no class at all. Booed because his team beat the

Ravens? He hasn't been a head coach in a long time. Classes fans. He should have

been left alone with his girlfriend. IMO

Ravens? He hasn't been a head coach in a long time. Classes fans. He should have

It's his wife. And she's QueenV. She did the anthem.

SCOTT-Mitchell-copyright-2013-sept-20-scottmitchellphotography.smugmug.com-0802-Queen-V.jpg

Are you kidding? He laughed at it. He would probably be disappointed if they didn't boo him.

If I was there I would have booed him too, but it's all in jest. Besides, it's not like the Steelers dominate the Ravens. That's what makes it such a great rivalry.

Yeah dude you're WAY off base. Classless? Did you see the smile on his face? Its all part of the rivalry.

I would imagine if Billick or Harbaugh were guests in PNC that they would get the same treatment. Hell, as a Ravens fan I'd be upset if the PNC crowd DIDN'T boo a former or current Ravens coach.

Yeah dude you're WAY off base. Classless? Did you see the smile on his face? Its all part of the rivalry.

I would imagine if Billick or Harbaugh were guests in PNC that they would get the same treatment. Hell, as a Ravens fan I'd be upset if the PNC crowd DIDN'T boo a former or current Ravens coach.

As a rare Orioles-Steelers fan, I have to agree. It's all in good fun. Speaking of which, there was a nice bit about Harbaugh roasting Tomlin at a charity bit recently. The rivalry will always exist but I do think there is a respect between the two teams. Honestly what makes the rivalry great for me is that the games are always so close, sometimes Pittsburgh will win and sometimes the Ravens will but 9/10 you're going to get a great game that is hard fought until the end with every player giving his best effort. Is his wife a particularly famous singer or local to the Baltimore area btw?

As a rare Orioles-Steelers fan, I have to agree. It's all in good fun. Speaking of which, there was a nice bit about Harbaugh roasting Tomlin at a charity bit recently. The rivalry will always exist but I do think there is a respect between the two teams. Honestly what makes the rivalry great for me is that the games are always so close, sometimes Pittsburgh will win and sometimes the Ravens will but 9/10 you're going to get a great game that is hard fought until the end with every player giving his best effort. Is his wife a particularly famous singer or local to the Baltimore area btw?

You are not rare at all. Baltimore had no football team and the Orioles were popular all over. I know of plenty of folks like you.

I also knew some during my time in Baltimore. But that was 15+ years ago, in the beginning of the Ravens era. I would hope that most would have switched their allegiances back to the Baltimore football team by now, or at least have the Ravens as their second team or something.

I also knew some during my time in Baltimore. But that was 15+ years ago, in the beginning of the Ravens era. I would hope that most would have switched their allegiances back to the Baltimore football team by now, or at least have the Ravens as their second team or something.

It's easier for me since I really have no ties to Maryland/Baltimore outside the Orioles. They were the closest team to us in NoVa and I chose PGH over WAS since my grandpa was a fan, from Western Pa, & taught me the game. I also stick with teams too. Never even thought about switching to the Nats. I don't begrudge those that did just like I don't begrudge Marylanders who rooted for other teams between the Colts move and Ravens arrival but I myself pretty much have rooted for the same teams since I was a kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This. I wouldn't expect any less if Billick was at a Pirates game. Its just a rivalry, no one was wishing ill will on Cowher.

Archived