What is going on with the Orioles and the cutter?

LookitsPuck

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I irked hearing Buck talk about time to the plate after Fridays game. He's obsessed with it.

I'm not convinced TTTP has helped our young pitchers. I know it hindered Arrieta and Matusz. I'd rather them focus on preventing more base runners. Works fine for Lester.

I'm not convinced TTTP has helped our young pitchers. I know it hindered Arrieta and Matusz. I'd rather them focus on preventing more base runners. Works fine for Lester.

I think it's hurt them as well. Seems they rush their delivery, and lose command.

I disagree that Bundy is following the same path. The article clearly states that he threw the cutter in the AFL and had discomfort, so they are going to make sure he's completely fine before he starts tossing it again. I'm fine with that.

I just hope be can be successful with the O's.

ERod started working on a cutter this year.

Fangraphs says he has thrown it zero times. Either way, he is not relevant because he has succeeded in Boston without the cutter. They may have improved him some other ways but the cutter is not relevant. So Arrieta is really the only data point on the cutter theory.

If I'm Bundy and I think the Cutter is what caused my elbow issues I'm going to be real hesitant to throw it after what I have been through.

Sure, but that would still be MY choice and not the organization's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived