Mike Wright starting tomorrow per Roch

LookitsPuck

He threw a lot more two seem fastballs which is why he was 92-93 most the night. The two seem gives him more sink which he used well.

Exactly. He was down in the zone tonite and that was the key. He cannot live at the belt. Not many can. If he can more consistent with his off speed stuff, he can be good. Time will tell!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Honestly I didn't see anything tonight that made me think he could stay in the rotation. He threw 81 percent fastballs. I don't think that's going to work long-term. With the lack of strong secondary pitches, he could become a nice bullpen piece.

Depends on the location. If you can throw a 96 mph fastball where you want it, you can succeed throwing mostly fastballs.

Depends on the location. If you can throw a 96 mph fastball where you want it, you can succeed throwing mostly fastballs.

Al la Danny Duffy tonight until that last inning. He had mostly pinpoint command with his FB and then used that straight change up at the right times.

Honestly I didn't see anything tonight that made me think he could stay in the rotation. He threw 81 percent fastballs. I don't think that's going to work long-term. With the lack of strong secondary pitches, he could become a nice bullpen piece.

He has a decent change. have no idea about any of his other pitches.

I'm proud of his post game comments and glad he had a good night. Hopefully he can learn from instructions and realize his potential. The team really needed good back to back starts like the last two.
I think that getting demoted to the minors was the best thing to happen to his career, so far. Now that he's back up, he seems to have learned a few lessons about his place in baseball. He's not going to be great every single time (no one will be), but he should be OK as the #4 or #5 starter.

I guess enough of us said our prayers and we can still with the series in game 2 or 3.

Baseball is a very, very. funny game!

Funny game indeed! I'm just now watching the replay. The bottom of the 7th for me. I said we can can win 2 and 3 sort of as a joke. I know he has talent, and 96. That deer in the headlights looks on Wright REALLY scared me. But I didn't see it tonight. Very promising outing.

Sir, respect your insights, do you see anyone in the minors with potential to help the team in a starting capacity this year? Thx for your time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir, respect your insights, do you see anyone in the minors with potential to help the team in a starting capacity this year? Thx for your time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remember, he threw two seams tonight. Sinkers. So the "not a starter" thing on the fastballs is yet to be written.

Remember, he threw two seams tonight. Sinkers. So the "not a starter" thing on the fastballs is yet to be written.

He looked pretty good, but, it was also, just one game.

KC hasnt been a very good team on the road this year, for whatever reason that is.

Archived