Bring Back Boh to Camden Yards

fansince1988

1. It's not brewed locally anymore. It's owned by Pabst and brewed under contract by MillerCoors in North Carolina and Georgia.

2. It's not significantly different (in a good way) from any other beer.

3. It's a non-issued used to bash the O's and Angelos.

First two, fact. Item 3, my conclusion.

1. It's not brewed locally anymore. It's owned by Pabst and brewed under contract by MillerCoors in North Carolina and Georgia.

I agree. Their petition talks about Natty Boh not being available at the Hometown Team's game...well they are not a hometown beer anymore. I have drank plenty of it at O's games, and while watching O's games at home. And yes, it is a little nostalgic to drink a Natty Boh on a hot day at Camden Yards...but I think I will be fine with a Miller Lite, if I choose to go in that kind of direction.

But if I want a hometown beer, I will go grab a Flying Dog or a Heavy Seas.

I agree. Their petition talks about Natty Boh not being available at the Hometown Team's game...well they are not a hometown beer anymore. I have drank plenty of it at O's games, and while watching O's games at home. And yes, it is a little nostalgic to drink a Natty Boh on a hot day at Camden Yards...but I think I will be fine with a Miller Lite, if I choose to go in that kind of direction.

But if I want a hometown beer, I will go grab a Flying Dog or a Heavy Seas.

Agreed. If they had ceased to use the O's trademarks on their product, this wouldn't even be an issue. While I enjoy the nostalgia associated with the beer, one should not misuse trademarks belonging to another entity.

Game, set, match..

How about we focus on actually bringing locally brewed beers into Camdena Yards, not beer marketed as being from Baltimore when it hasn't been brewed here since the 80s.

Game, set, match..

How about we focus on actually bringing locally brewed beers into Camdena Yards, not beer marketed as being from Baltimore when it hasn't been brewed here since the 80s.

Is there a compelling reason why both can't be done? The nostalgic old swill and the new craft locals?

Just think many have portrayed it is as choice, and not sure it is one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Game, set, match..

Yep, they used to have "Maryland Microbrew" stands but they got rid of them a few years ago.

Yes, there is a big Heavy Seas and Flying Dog presence, but not so much for some of the up and coming locals like Union, Full Tilt, etc. Or going a bit further afield, Burley Oak from the Eastern Shore makes some GREAT beers.

Right now, the Nats are kicking our butts in that respect. They have stands that sell a rotating collection of DC area microbrews.

Yep, they used to have "Maryland Microbrew" stands but they got rid of them a few years ago.

Yes, there is a big Heavy Seas and Flying Dog presence, but not so much for some of the up and coming locals like Union, Full Tilt, etc. Or going a bit further afield, Burley Oak from the Eastern Shore makes some GREAT beers.

Right now, the Nats are kicking our butts in that respect. They have stands that sell a rotating collection of DC area microbrews.

EVO from Salisbury is the best on the shore. They make so many great beers. I will agree that the shore has a ton of great breweries. Tall Tales in Parsonsburg, on the way to OC is great too.

EVO from Salisbury is the best on the shore. They make so many great beers. I will agree that the shore has a ton of great breweries. Tall Tales in Parsonsburg, on the way to OC is great too.

Heard good things about Tall Tales, haven't had a chance to try any yet.

Heard good things about Tall Tales, haven't had a chance to try any yet.

Tall Tales is starting to take off. I'm not a huge fan of IPAs, so their Excalibur isn't my favorite, but their Red Headed Step Child is awesome. It's a nice Irish Red with notes of apple.

Sorry for the hijacked thread. Just don't care for Natty Boh and their cheap tactics.

Just don't care for Natty Boh and their cheap tactics.

It's a Bud against Pabst issue. Not for people.

National Premium rights were purchased and the recipe re-bottled and distributed starting in 2012 by a couple located on the Eastern Shore of Maryland per Wikipedia.

Archived