Who plays Shortstop during Machado suspension.

atomic

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brooks Robinson played in 2,896 games and was never ejected from a game.

Stan Musial - 3,026

Willie Mays - 2,992

Robin Yount - 2,856

Tony Perez - 2,777

Derek Jeter - 2,744

Jeter was hit by 170 pitches but was never ejected for charging the mound.

I love Manny but I'm with Roy on this one.

I was with you until Jeter. I know that Jeter argued more than once with the home plate umpire, and if it was anybody else, they would have been tossed.

Are you suggesting Cal charged the mound during his streak? Or ever?

I think the closest he ever came to do anything that physical was railroading Terry Steinbach at home plate. IIRC, an A's pitcher threw at him, Cal for whatever reason figured that Steinbach ordered it and destroyed him at home plate when he came around to score.

Brooks Robinson played in 2,896 games and was never ejected from a game.

Stan Musial - 3,026

Willie Mays - 2,992

Robin Yount - 2,856

Tony Perez - 2,777

Derek Jeter - 2,744

Jeter was hit by 170 pitches but was never ejected for charging the mound.

I love Manny but I'm with Roy on this one.

How many of those were 99 MPH intentionals, rather than unintentional or 75mph change-ups?

I think the closest he ever came to do anything that physical was railroading Terry Steinbach at home plate. IIRC, an A's pitcher threw at him, Cal for whatever reason figured that Steinbach ordered it and destroyed him at home plate when he came around to score.

TBone reminded us that during the Seattle brawl, Cal was on the bottom of the pile.

Cal at the bottom of the screen hits the deck at the 1:00 mark. Wonder if that's where he suffered an injury.
Interesting that brawl much worse than yesterday and no one got more than 4 days. But Cameran thinks Manny should get 15?

What about bringing Christian Walker up for 4 games, putting him at 1st and Davis or Pedro at 3rd (the other DH'ing).

Offensively, that would be the way to go IMO, but defensively, Janish and Flash make the most sense. Also, you would have to option someone, since you cant replace Manny. But they could play the "option the previous days starting pitcher" game with Wilson or Wright.

What about bringing Christian Walker up for 4 games, putting him at 1st and Davis or Pedro at 3rd (the other DH'ing).

Offensively, that would be the way to go IMO, but defensively, Janish and Flash make the most sense. Also, you would have to option someone, since you cant replace Manny. But they could play the "option the previous days starting pitcher" game with Wilson or Wright.

IMO, I think they appeal it down to two games, and roll the dice and go with what they have already on the roster.

Janish plays SS, and Flash is the backup, with Davis and Alvarez as options for 3rd, and they have 6 people who can cover 1st.

Anything happens with Schoop, Flash moves to 2nd, Davis or Alvarez goes to 3rd.

You can't replace the suspended player with someone else. You have to play with 24.

Getting past the fact that we can't replace him on the 25... If you're putting Davis at 3B, why not just play Trumbo at 1B and Reimold/Rickard/Kim at the corners?

Archived