• 2-3
    • 4-5
    • 6-7
    • 8+

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Of course not, I think Cameron's suggestion is too harsh, but Manny did have the option of not going to the mound. He will get a suspension. But I think Cameron is spot-on with 30 games for Ventura.

I don't have any issue with what he says about Ventura. My problem is Cameron saying he should get a harsher penalty than he deserves in order to prevent him from "starting another fight." That is absurd. I stand by that.

I don't have any issue with what he says about Ventura. My problem is Cameron saying he should get a harsher penalty than he deserves in order to prevent him from "starting another fight." That is absurd. I stand by that.

I think we all know what Cameron meant. In the context of the article, he clearly wasn't suggesting that Ventura didn't hit Manny intentionally, or that didn't provoke Manny's reaction. But it didn't become a fight until Manny charged the mound.

I love how all the armchair high horse riders who never played the game come out to pass judgment. I would really like to hear the opinion of someone who knows what it's like to get hit in the ribs by a 99 mph FB.

I can tell you 85 to the ribs doesnt feel good. Broke one of my ribs and kept me out 6 weeks. I can only imagine what 99 feels like.

I can tell you 85 to the ribs doesnt feel good. Broke one of my ribs and kept me out 6 weeks. I can only imagine what 99 feels like.
So would it prompt you to want to charge the mound? I guess not with broken ribs?

Of course not, I think Cameron's suggestion is too harsh, but Manny did have the option of not going to the mound. He will get a suspension. But I think Cameron is spot-on with 30 games for Ventura.

Cameron is still sad about several trades his team made.

o

I hope that we keep Gunkel, Miranda, Means, Lee, Grimes, and Hess.

How Long Will Manny's Suspension Be?

Don't let him watch Judge Wapner for a week, and fine him ........ about a hundred dollars.

So would it prompt you to want to charge the mound? I guess not with broken ribs?

I said a few four letter words after getting up off the dirt and took my time getting to first. I played the next inning then was in too much pain to continue. Sucked because I was ripping the cover off the ball. I was 3-4 with 4 rbis that game and was having a great year. I didnt think the pitcher was trying to hit me. Machado obviously did think he was intentionally hit.

I knew I was not making a living playing baseball. I guess it might be like someone trying to sabotage you at work and ruining your career. Would you want to meet them in the parking lot? Maybe. Im not wired that way though.

That being said, if I were hit with a 99 mph fastball in the ribs Im not sure Id get up. Let alone have enough strength to immediately rush the mound and look for another blow...

I think we all know what Cameron meant. In the context of the article, he clearly wasn't suggesting that Ventura didn't hit Manny intentionally, or that didn't provoke Manny's reaction. But it didn't become a fight until Manny charged the mound.

The defending forces have started every war.

Barry Svrugla on the brawl.

The reviews are already in, and Machado's fury-filled charge of the mound is receiving four or five stars.

Loved it, Chicago Cubs Manager Joe Maddon said here Wednesday morning.

You go to a hockey game, and everyone who goes to a hockey game that's not a big hockey fan is saying, Oh, I hope I see a fight, said Cubs first baseman Anthony Rizzo, who has been in the middle of these situations before. I'm not saying you want that with baseball. But the two fights this year have been pretty healthy, in my opinion.

Let's everybody retreat to their corners for a minute. Put the gloves down. Just breathe.

As we stand here on Wednesday, there are two issues: fighting in baseball in general, and Yordano Hernandez Ventura, the 25-year-old right-hander who just can't stop throwing at people.

For the most part, being celebrated in the wake of actions that, had they been on a street corner and not a diamond, might have gotten them arrested. Major League Baseball suspended Odor for eight games (later reduced to seven) for punching Bautista on May 15. A Fort Worth barbecue joint offered him free food for life. MLB was still reviewing Machado's incident Wednesday, with discipline sure to come. A Baltimore seafood place has already offered Machado free crab cakes, etc., after he laid waste to Ventura.

The message: Fans feel as if it's just fine for players to defend themselves. That's true in baseball, too. As one executive said after Bautista took out Odor with a hard, late slide at second, Good for him!

I always used to tell my guys, you got two options: Go to first, or go to the mound, Maddon said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sport<br''>https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sport<br' rel="external nofollow">Take the first one. Odor and Machado are, for ths/wp/2016/06/08/loved-it-players-and-managers-applaud-manny-machado-yordano-ventura-brawl/'>https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sport

Take the first one. Odor and Machado are, for ths/wp/2016/06/08/loved-it-players-and-managers-applaud-manny-machado-yordano-ventura-brawl/

At lot of people are going to be right on this when it is all said and done.

Well, I got it right on the poll question, though actually I said I didn't think it would be less than 5. I'm happy.

Now I hope they stick Ventura with a long one.

Archived