Royals looking to move Ventura on heels of brawl

BohKnowsBmore

Considering Ventura's ceiling is that of ace potential, I would say it might be worth it. I don't see one guy ruining the Orioles clubhouse or it's chemistry. If anything will be ruined, it will be Ventura's attitude.

Anyway, probably not going to happen, but could be a golden opportunity to obtain a potential ace starter and these guys plus Buck are just the ones I would trust to help him with his attitude and to realize his potential.

It's not ideal, but certainly intriguing.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll just remind everyone that Nelson Cruz was questionable before he came in and that worked out pretty well. I wouldn't give up anything like a coveted draft pick. But I'd take Ventura and let AJ help him get his circuit board back in balance.

They can't all be like Brooksie people, lest we would not have such strong reason to remember him.

"There's not a man who knows him who wouldn't swear for his integrity and honesty and give testimony to his consideration of others. He's an extraordinary human being, which is important, and the world's greatest third baseman of all time, which is incidental." - John Steadman of The News American

Considering Ventura's ceiling is that of ace potential, I would say it might be worth it. I don't see one guy ruining the Orioles clubhouse or it's chemistry. If anything will be ruined, it will be Ventura's attitude.

Anyway, probably not going to happen, but could be a golden opportunity to obtain a potential ace starter and these guys plus Buck are just the ones I would trust to help him with his attitude and to realize his potential.

It's not ideal, but certainly intriguing.

There's a reason for that. Buck doesn't keep those type guys around. The closest we have now is Wright and he is hanging by a thread.

Pretty lame of KC's manager Ned Yost not to have a talk with Ventura, since this seems to be common with him. From reading up a bit on Ned Yost, I think Buck should retaliate.

I think pretty much the entire KC team was disappointed and are exacerbated with his childish behavior. To me it spoke volumes that not one person from KC organization said a word about Manny. Pretty much all of baseball has condemned Ventura.

Plenty of reasons to not like Yost. But for me last night wasn't one of em.

Pretty lame of KC's manager Ned Yost not to have a talk with Ventura, since this seems to be common with him. From reading up a bit on Ned Yost, I think Buck should retaliate.

I agree. We need to throw. At Yost.

I'll just remind everyone that Nelson Cruz was questionable before he came in and that worked out pretty well. I wouldn't give up anything like a coveted draft pick. But I'd take Ventura and let AJ help him get his circuit board back in balance.

They can't all be like Brooksie people, lest we would not have such strong reason to remember him.

"There's not a man who knows him who wouldn't swear for his integrity and honesty and give testimony to his consideration of others. He's an extraordinary human being, which is important, and the world's greatest third baseman of all time, which is incidental." - John Steadman of The News American

Cruz was never known as anything but a good team mate. PED questions are something else entirely.

Nah, Manny already stood up for himself. I think it's over unless KC exacerbates this situation, and neither team would benefit from doing anything but letting it die down.

Cruz was never known as anything but a good team mate. PED questions are something else entirely.

Gordo, you are absolutely correct. They are different things. I am just pointing out that there were folks opining that the O's should not have signed Cruz for the PED reason. He was a great team mate. He is missed.

Clearly Ventura is not a good team mate. But he has just turned 25. Not saying he will or that he even might. Just saying I'd have to listen...and he really does kind of make you think of Pedro.....

Hate to even suggest it after yesterday but, we could use him. 25 Y.O., 96 mph fastball, affordable contract thru 2019.

Definitely a buy-low candidate at this point. I give up Bundy in a heartbeat for this guy.

Absurd. Basically what you're saying here is that intangibles and character and values and maturity are worth nothing. Zilch. If you can get the ball reasonably near home plate at over 95 mph we just don't care if you're an execrable human being.

I think there's a wee bit of difference between a PED user and someone who can't physically stop himself from assaulting others.

No. And we are not talking Brooksie. It's ok to play fair and be a good guy. Not everyone is. Throat cutting motions are where I draw the line.

Cruz was always a beloved teammate. Wherever he played. Even when he cost a world series playing outfield. He was just a cheater.

Archived