Manny Machado Suspended for 4 Games

OFFNY

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How does he miss two starts on 9 days. He pitches every 5. He only misses one start.

Okay, but even still, one start is a bigger punishment to a starting pitcher than four games is to an everyday player.

The math is right there, I don't understand how you don't see it.

I am not concerned with percentage of games missed. To look at it a different way, Machado is missing 36 innings. Ventura is gonna miss about 5 or 6 innings and then start again on long rest

Not sure if this has been brought up yet, but I think Manny should drop his appeal when San Diego comes into town. Then come back in the second half of the double-header vs. the Rays.

I know the Rays are a divisional opponent, but they are in the basement. If he's going to have to sit, we might as well work it so he sits 4 games against bad teams.

Not sure if this has been brought up yet, but I think Manny should drop his appeal when San Diego comes into town. Then come back in the second half of the double-header vs. the Rays.

I know the Rays are a divisional opponent, but they are in the basement. If he's going to have to sit, we might as well work it so he sits 4 games against bad teams.

Oops...I got it backwards. The O's should start Manny's suspension for the second half of that double header. That way they get the extra roster spot for him that game. Then he sits Sunday and the two games away in San Diego.

Okay, but even still, one start is a bigger punishment to a starting pitcher than four games is to an everyday player.
I don't see how. KC benefits from not having him start. The O's are hurt with Manny out of the lineup. Ventura can only impact one game, Manny can impact 4. the only thing is Ventura loses more salary.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Hardy took BP, hit in cage and took grounders in Sarasota today. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a></p>? Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="
">June 9, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

PRECISELY why machado had to deal with this himself instead of leaving it up to mlb to settle it for him.

Mlb are cowards and this bs suspension shows that manny absolutely did the right thing.

He stood up for himself, he took the pressure off of his pitchers to retaliate and he punched the punk in the face which is a far more worthy punishment than this garbage "punishment" from mlb.

Proof positive what manny did was the appropriate response, the debate is settled.

Ventura appealed too. So he will wait until after his next start, then drop the appeal, lose one start and be right back at it.

They should have a rule that if you appeal a suspension - there's an option for the decider to INCREASE the suspension.

I don't see how. No matter how you cut it, Machado misses more games than Ventura.

This would be like comparing MLB suspensions to NFL ones. A 20 game suspension for a position player is no where close to a 20 start suspension for a pitcher.

This would be like comparing MLB suspensions to NFL ones. A 20 game suspension for a position player is no where close to a 20 start suspension for a pitcher.
Manny's 4 games has a greater impact on his team than Ventura's one game. Why should the team be penalized more than the player?

I don't see how. KC benefits from not having him start. The O's are hurt with Manny out of the lineup. Ventura can only impact one game, Manny can impact 4. the only thing is Ventura loses more salary.

That's a separate issue. MLB has never suspended players based on how good or bad they are. Nor should they.

Archived