2016 1st Round Pick - Cody Sedlock - RHP - Illinois

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not too worried about the innings he logged this season considering he was being used as a reliever his first two years of college.

It could be a positive. He's built up the endurance to go deep into games.

From Can_of_corn

Get a load of this.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sedlock's last 5 starts: 10.2 IP, 6.2 IP, 9 IP, 9.1 IP, 9 IP.</p>— JJ Cooper (@jjcoop36) <a href="

">June 10, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

But what were the pitch counts? And don't forget he's only throwing once a week.

But what were the pitch counts? And don't forget he's only throwing once a week.

But you can’t pin that on Sedlock. Outside of a March 11 start vs. UNC Greensboro, he has not allowed more than three runs in his 14 starts, and has thrown at least 104 pitches in eight of them. His 120 pitches Thursday were 12 short of his season high and in four of his past five starts he’s pitched at least—at least—nine innings. He pitched 10 2/3 innings against Ohio State, striking out 14 with no walks in a 1-0 win on April 22.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/colle...-cody-sedlock/

I don't hate it but his workload would have had me passing on him.

Not that I know anything.

130 for the ten inning affair.
Well, that's crazy.

He talked about only pitching 6 months of the year as a kid since he lived up north. Plus the time as a reliever. Hopefully that helps.

It is absurd how college coaches get away with that nonsense though. NC State beat Navy 17-1 and let their starter throw 125 pitches. If I was that kids old man I'd have gone into the dugout. Absurd.

Would you have picked a Tommy John guy like Quantrill if he were available?

I would have to rate his ability well over the slot.

Those new elbows only last around six years on average. I'd rather have a guy with a better shot at making it through the team control years.

Archived