2016 1st Round Pick - Cody Sedlock - RHP - Illinois

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stewart pick seemed like a bad pick based on the low upside all the scouting reports said he had. Not sure why you would take that kind of guy so early. I'm not even an idiot when it comes to stuff like this, let alone an expert, but this at least seems like the kinda guy you take at this point in the draft based on the scouting write ups. So that's good.

Jake was a consensus top 10 pick preseason 07 but he showed somewhat diminished velo that year if I recall which dropped his status SOME but the price tag remained high and dropped to the 5th.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

No. If he was Jake he would have gone #1.

No, he went where he was suppose too. He was a reliever that got stretched out in Cape Cod ball last summer. Not enough innings as starter. If everything goes well.. he could be up in the majors by 2018.

Saw him pitch against OSU (that 10.1 ip affair). He's good.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• A Kremer cherrypick - since his 6.19.2022 return to pitching decently for the Orioles - just 30 MLB SP have achieved Qualified Status over that now 1.75 season haul. Gibson and Kremer are 18th/19th in innings entering today (when both covered 7 good ones). One has a 7.29 K/9, 2.61 BB/9 and 1.26 HR/9; the other has a 7.51 K/9, 2.64 BB/9, and 1.21 HR/9. They are some of the weakest workhorses at per-batter effectiveness, but that workhorse capacity is their notable trait. https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders/major-league?pos=all&stats=pit&lg=all&qual=y&type=8&season=2024&month=1000&season1=2024&ind=0&startdate=2022-06-12&enddate=2024-11-01&team=0&sortcol=7&sortdir=default&pagenum=1 After today, since his 2014 first full year, Gibson lags Greinke by 40 innings and Cole by 60 innings for 2nd place behind Scherzer.    He's never been a pitcher a playoff team wanted to throw.    
    • Fantasy Baseball Poisoning is a pervasive and tragically understudied public health concern.
    • Yeah, I guess you could say Kjerstad is the contemporary version of Terry Crowley for this team. 
    • I can’t even control myself from checking the game cast prior to seeing what happens on tv, which is usually running at about a 30 second delay.
    • It's not that I'm not disciplined...phone alerts, wife, friends, etc make it harder than necessary if I can't watch a game and don't want to know the score.  
    • I'll differ a little bit...yeah, great start tonight from the perspective that he got through 7 innings of 2 run ball.  That's fantastic. But only 7 swinging strikes and 4 strikeouts against 4 walks.  He got some DP grounders but the Yankees were making loud contact in the early innings before he settled in a bit.   That's the thing that kind of confounds me about Kremer, he'll have a game where he'll strike out 7-9 batters and you'll see real swing and miss stuff and then the next start it'll be hardly any swings and misses, not as many strikeouts. Maybe that's why he's anywhere from a 3rd to 5th starter.  Tonight was a great outcome but I don't think he looked his best.
    • If you are disciplined, you can avoid learning the result and just watch the game unfold without knowing what will happen, and skip all the commercials. 
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now