Cubs attempting to trade for Chapman

weams

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Yanks just swept (4 games) the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim and have a fairly light schedule continuing on until early July. Will be interesting to see what they do. They could try to trade from some of their strengths while still trying to remain somewhat competitive and build for the future.

I don't think they're concerned about salary. They don't want to give up Turner, and rightfully so.

Id be concerned if it's Robles and Lopez.

Should we consider Zach if they are going to give up a lot.

I think every one is concerned able excess value if you are giving up prospects.

I don't think they're concerned about salary. They don't want to give up Turner, and rightfully so.

Id be concerned if it's Robles and Lopez.

Should we consider Zach if they are going to give up a lot.

Please understand. The Orioles are not the infamous "Buyers and Sellers" - They are as all in as they get.

I hope the Yankees hold onto him.

They will cash him in. I love how if the O's back out of a contract over a physical Gammons and others blast them, meanwhile the Yanks got Chapman for nothing because he beats women and it will be painted as a shrewd wise move.

They will cash him in. I love how if the O's back out of a contract over a physical Gammons and others blast them, meanwhile the Yanks got Chapman for nothing because he beats women and it will be painted as a shrewd wise move.

Which contract did they back out of?

You might be asking what the Cubs have to offer. That's a pretty good question. They're obviously in win-now mode, so major league talent is going to be hard to come by. There's Javier Baez, who can play a few different positions and seems to be finally turning the corner, but I'm not sure the Cubs are ready to deal him for a rental. There's also Albert Almora, but once again, I'm not sure the Cubs would be willing to deal six years of team control for less than a season of Chapman. In terms of prospects, their farm system is starting to go dry, as is the case with most contenders. Gleyber Torres, Wilson Contreras, Ian Happ, and Billy McKinney are their best prospects, and even they might be too steep a price to pay for a reliever.

I'm guessing the start of the negotiations is Baez. I agree with the article that they don't give him up. They can probably get one or two prospects.

So if this happens... Chapman hasn't pitched very much for the Yanks so, it'll be Jagielo, Davis, Renda and Cotham for whoever they get back.

Cotham: 0-3, 7.40 ERA, 1.808 in the majors

Davis: 4-1, 2.32, 0.984 WHIP in AA

Renda: OPSing .833 in AA

Jagielo: OPSing .587 in AA

Archived