Gausman is beginning to remind me of Guthrie

Frobby

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nineteen aught six.

I do own Savage Bolt action 30:06 that I bought new in 1972 with a scope and sling for $150 at age 17 my Dad was with me. I have dispatched quite a few Whitetail Bucks with it including a 10 point and 8 point I have hanging on my wall. About two years ago I shot a Wild Turkey in the neck with it at 114 yards. Of course this wasn't an offhand shot but not bad for at the time a 58 yr old.

I have far more knowledge of the game about many more things than you do that I would wager on. Can you throw a curve ball and strike someone out in a game three times who was drafted by the Pirates? Can you pick balls at first base out of the dirt more times than you can count and once make a game ending unassisted double play with the bases loaded? Have you ever lead an organized baseball league in doubles and finish in the top 10 in hitting? Have you ever coached an undefeated Little League team in a regular season and a Little League Allstar team to three or more consecutive wins back when it was single game elimination? Have you been a fan of the Baltimore Orioles like I have since attending my first game as an 8 year old in 1963? If the answer to any of this is no, then don't you DARE lecture me in any way shape or form son. You are full of puffery, arrogance and ego with nothing to back it up. From where I come from you have an alligator mouth and a canary ass!

OMG, this is the best post ever!!!!!!

This is one of the more unintentionally amusing posts I've ever read. I would like it to be stickied and saved for posterity. I would hate to see it get lost like the Clarence video of JTrea with the subtitles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't think he doesn't know what he is doing, he knows exactly what he is doing.

It's a shtick.

He gets back into a corner and he composes something like that to distract folks.

This is one of the more unintentionally amusing posts I've ever read. I would like it to be stickied and saved for posterity. I would hate to see it get lost like the Clarence video of JTrea with the subtitles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bring signatures back just for OldFan.

Don't think he doesn't know what he is doing, he knows exactly what he is doing.

It's a shtick.

He gets back into a corner and he composes something like that to distract folks.

You were the one backed into a corner any time you can't pull something out of a stats book and throw around fancy words while doing so. Let me let you in on a little secret and I am not saying it to be mean, but someone who operates like you do now back in the sixties would have been the kid everyone made fun of as you would have either sat on the bench in street clothes keeping our team's stats book or at the other end taking care of the bats and balls.

You were the one backed into a corner any time you can't pull something out of a stats book and throw around fancy words while doing so. Let me let you in on a little secret and I am not saying it to be mean, but someone who operates like you do now back in the sixties would have been the kid everyone made fun of as you would have either sat on the bench in street clothes keeping our team's stats book or at the other end taking care of the bats and balls.

What do any of your posts have to do with gasman? Congrats on being drafted, hundreds are every year.

OMG, this is the best post ever!!!!!!

Was he serious, or joking? Flawlessly in character, or not possessing the self-awareness to realize he'd strayed 1000 nautical miles into self-parody? Actually standing on his front porch shaking his fist at the lollygaggers and whippersnappers, or sitting at a tricked-out gaming rig laughing at his ruse? Born in 1862 and transported here though technological means, or born in 1955 and somehow frozen in a Daguerreotype through dark witchcraft?

Was he serious, or joking? Flawlessly in character, or not possessing the self-awareness to realize he'd strayed 1000 nautical miles into self-parody? Actually standing on his front porch shaking his fist at the lollygaggers and whippersnappers, or sitting at a tricked-out gaming rig laughing at his ruse? Born in 1862 and transported here though technological means, or born in 1955 and somehow frozen in a Daguerreotype through dark witchcraft?

delorean.jpg

I have far more knowledge of the game about many more things than you do that I would wager on. Can you throw a curve ball and strike someone out in a game three times who was drafted by the Pirates? Can you pick balls at first base out of the dirt more times than you can count and once make a game ending unassisted double play with the bases loaded? Have you ever lead an organized baseball league in doubles and finish in the top 10 in hitting? Have you ever coached an undefeated Little League team in a regular season and a Little League Allstar team to three or more consecutive wins back when it was single game elimination? Have you been a fan of the Baltimore Orioles like I have since attending my first game as an 8 year old in 1963? If the answer to any of this is no, then don't you DARE lecture me in any way shape or form son. You are full of puffery, arrogance and ego with nothing to back it up. From where I come from you have an alligator mouth and a canary ass!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe%27s_law

Can Gausman just stop giving up dingers? He's at 10 right now. That's killing him/us. That's more than Ubaldo, Wilson and Wright.

The hope was switching from the slider to the curve would decrease the number of home runs surrendered.

Obviously that isn't happening.

Archived