Most depressing game of the year?

Ori-Al

It is, until you realize that most of that was from McFarland and Duensing's outings and they're the C squad.

That and Encarnacion is a great hitter. Don't listen to Wright's idiotic/classless comments.

Brach and Givens gave up big runs in this series as well. It wasn't all TJ and Duensing.

Of course, Toronto is the land where even good pitches become home runs for the home team.

First, Ubaldo pitches opposite field batting practice. We get a run back, but Adam strands two runners with a first pitch popup. Wieters' throwing error then gives that run back (defense has hurt us this season.) Worley gives up a homer to make the lead 7-1. Looks bleak.

O's clobber their way to a five run inning to make the score 7-6 in the fifth. Worley has settled down, but Buck lifts him. Duensing manages to finish the inning, but it takes three hitters instead of one. That brings us the dreaded sixth inning, the inning in which our pitchers for some reason stink.

Sure enough, it happens again. Givens, who is usually reliable, walks two. Wieters calls fastball to Martin, it's down the middle, and Martin hits it out. We let the free baserunners score.

Again, it looks bleak. But the O's start the ninth with a bloop hit and a walk, with our 5-6-7 hitters coming up. Trumbo fails, missing a fastball down the middle. Wieters walks to load the bases. Alvarez smashes a drive to left. Everyone's hopes up. Looks like a slam, but no, it's caught near the top of the wall. Sac fly, but not enough. Schoop flails at three fastballs to end game and let pitcher off the hook.

O's hit five homers, but couldn't get the rbi singles or score the walks. Our dominant bullpen gives 13 runs in series, starting with walkoff homer to 0-19 Encarcion. Sheesh.

I'm glad we're leaving Toronto. Leave Ubaldo there.

Not me. I had no expectations of a W. And I was pleased to see the team battle to within 6 inches of a W. Besides the SUX lost.

It is, until you realize that most of that was from McFarland and Duensing's outings and they're the C squad.

That and Encarnacion is a great hitter. Don't listen to Wright's idiotic/classless comments.

Is there a link for them?

Wright said we give Encarnacion too much credit, he has holes, there's a reason he's batting .240.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb/orioles-wright-encarnacion-think-give-much-credit/

Can we please send this kid to Norfolk, or Bowie, or even Delmarva?! He's got a LOT to learn...

Chris Davis is hitting .228 (I think) after a hot streak. Let's be sure not to give him too much credit.

Brach and Givens gave up big runs in this series as well. It wasn't all TJ and Duensing.

Of course, Toronto is the land where even good pitches become home runs for the home team.

Brach gave up a run. He's been a machine all season.

Givens gave up a bomb after getting squeezed. It happens.

The difference is these guys have been rocks all season. Duensing and McFarland have been anything but.

Brach gave up a run. He's been a machine all season.

Givens gave up a bomb after getting squeezed. It happens.

The difference is these guys have been rocks all season. Duensing and McFarland have been anything but.

They are also being over used in O'Day's absence. Givens is on track for almost 90 IP.

Archived