Most depressing game of the year?

Ori-Al

First, Ubaldo pitches opposite field batting practice. We get a run back, but Adam strands two runners with a first pitch popup. Wieters' throwing error then gives that run back (defense has hurt us this season.) Worley gives up a homer to make the lead 7-1. Looks bleak.

O's clobber their way to a five run inning to make the score 7-6 in the fifth. Worley has settled down, but Buck lifts him. Duensing manages to finish the inning, but it takes three hitters instead of one. That brings us the dreaded sixth inning, the inning in which our pitchers for some reason stink.

Sure enough, it happens again. Givens, who is usually reliable, walks two. Wieters calls fastball to Martin, it's down the middle, and Martin hits it out. We let the free baserunners score.

Again, it looks bleak. But the O's start the ninth with a bloop hit and a walk, with our 5-6-7 hitters coming up. Trumbo fails, missing a fastball down the middle. Wieters walks to load the bases. Alvarez smashes a drive to left. Everyone's hopes up. Looks like a slam, but no, it's caught near the top of the wall. Sac fly, but not enough. Schoop flails at three fastballs to end game and let pitcher off the hook.

O's hit five homers, but couldn't get the rbi singles or score the walks. Our dominant bullpen gives 13 runs in series, starting with walkoff homer to 0-19 Encarcion. Sheesh.

I'm glad we're leaving Toronto. Leave Ubaldo there.

First, Ubaldo pitches opposite field batting practice. We get a run back, but Adam strands two runners with a first pitch popup. Wieters' throwing error then gives that run back (defense has hurt us this season.) Worley gives up a homer to make the lead 7-1. Looks bleak.

O's clobber their way to a five run inning to make the score 7-6 in the fifth. Worley has settled down, but Buck lifts him. Duensing manages to finish the inning, but it takes three hitters instead of one. That brings us the dreaded sixth inning, the inning in which our pitchers for some reason stink.

Sure enough, it happens again. Givens, who is usually reliable, walks two. Wieters calls fastball to Martin, it's down the middle, and Martin hits it out. We let the free baserunners score.

Again, it looks bleak. But the O's start the ninth with a bloop hit and a walk, with our 5-6-7 hitters coming up. Trumbo fails, missing a fastball down the middle. Wieters walks to load the bases. Alvarez smashes a drive to left. Everyone's hopes up. Looks like a slam, but no, it's caught near the top of the wall. Sac fly, but not enough. Schoop flails at three fastballs to end game and let pitcher off the hook.

O's hit five homers, but couldn't get the rbi singles or score the walks. Our dominant bullpen gives 13 runs in series, starting with walkoff homer to 0-19 Encarcion. Sheesh.

I'm glad we're leaving Toronto. Leave Ubaldo there.

It's sucks, but we have those stretches during the season. Everyone does. I think when Gallardo gets back, then Jimenez goes to the pen. Mike wright gets replaced by Worley if he sucks and TJ would be the long man. That and our lineup will balance out when JJ gets back.

The Orioles rarely have good starting pitching. The Blue Jays can mash. The Orioles are terrible in Toronto. I dread every single time the O's go to Toronto because I know they are going to get lit up.

Just get out of Toronto, lick your wombs and hope that management has the balls to finally pull the plug on the terribleness that is Ubaldo.

It's sucks, but we have those stretches during the season. Everyone does. I think when Gallardo gets back, then Jimenez goes to the pen. Mike wright gets replaced by Worley if he sucks and TJ would be the long man. That and our lineup will balance out when JJ gets back.

Yeah, but Gallardo is still barely hitting 90. He's not pitching well on rehab. There's still the issue of Tyler Wilson. Essentially 3/5 of the rotation is bad or awful. Aside from this very, very short stretch against the Royals...the O's starting pitching has been bad for over a month.

o

The Orioles have lost 26 games so far this season.

For me, there have been numerous other losses that have been at least equally unsettling for me, for one reason or another.

I think that this one only feels like it's the worst one of the season because it's the latest lost.

o

The Orioles have lost 26 games so far this season.

For me, there have been numerous other losses that have been at least equally unsettling for me, for one reason or another.

I think that this one only feels like it's the worst one of the season because it's the latest lost.

After the first inning, the fact that the rest of the game was not a dreary meaningless walk through eight innings was kinda fun. If Ubaldo had lost 2-1 I would have been far more crushed.

Nah, this wasn't an especially depressing game. I figured he Birds would need 8 or 9 runs to win, but even that wasn't enough. The hitters made it entertaining, though.

We never had the lead today. Those are the losses that really sting.

o

RED SOX LOSE !!!

RED SOX LOSE !!!

RED SOX LOSE !!!

RED SOX LOSE !!!

RED SOX LOSE !!!

RED SOX LOSE !!!

One of the only saving graces today. I sadly think we are going to get to the end of the season and think of games like this, that if we only had one or two more of these wins, it will mean a lot.

The Orioles rarely have good starting pitching. The Blue Jays can mash. The Orioles are terrible in Toronto. I dread every single time the O's go to Toronto because I know they are going to get lit up.

Just get out of Toronto, lick your wombs and hope that management has the balls to finally pull the plug on the terribleness that is Ubaldo.

Lick your wombs? Gross.

I'm encouraged about the offense picking it up. Can't see Ubaldo making another appearance.

Lick your womb?

One of the only saving graces today. I sadly think we are going to get to the end of the season and think of games like this' date=' that if we only had one or two more of these wins, it will mean a lot.[/quote']

And add the Skankees loss to the mix and it helps, slightly.

Archived