MLB.com's Jim Callis On Orioles' Draft: 'They Got Three Good Arms'

PressBoxOnline

Well no but maybe it can improve in time.

It should be improved by now. The stadium complex deal, the integration of the different teams to get them on the same page, etc.

Then again, you can say thanks to Wieters, Machado, Schoop, Joseph, even Tillman who was partially developed in the minors that there was a brief boon. With the jury still out on Bundy, Gausman and Givens. This could just be a lull.

Wow! Positive feedback from Callis. I almost passed out:)

Welp.........

I think you also look at the Orioles' system and say they don't have whole lot of bats, either. It's not a very good system. Honestly, it's just not. They don't have a lot of prospects.

As has been discussed in other threads, if Bundy develops into really,really something and Harvey develops into something, the systemic issues will appear better than they do now. I really do think Mancini is going to be a beast at the big league level and really, really exceed even the somewhat increased expectations that are held now..but I know lots of people think not. If Wilson and Wright complete the turn into passable rotation contributors, if Givens continues to be a strong contributor along with Bundy and Harvey (and guys like Lee, Hess, Gunkel), then I think the system issues will appear much less bleak. But, of course, those are all big ifs and any or all of them could turn into pumpkins.

Archived