DL Ubaldo

Ori-Al

I'm not quite ready to cut bait on Jimenez, given our lack of other options. I'd leave him in the pen for awhile longer to see if he can straighten himself ought. He's fighting to maintain his career now. Maybe something will happen.

I would send Wright down. Use Despaigne as the fifth starter until Worley comes back. Keep scouring the waiver wire for starting pitchers. If we get something better I'd be okay with cutitng him, but not now.

I'm not quite ready to cut bait on Jimenez, given our lack of other options. I'd leave him in the pen for awhile longer to see if he can straighten himself ought. He's fighting to maintain his career now. Maybe something will happen.

I would send Wright down. Use Despaigne as the fifth starter until Worley comes back. Keep scouring the waiver wire for starting pitchers. If we get something better I'd be okay with cutitng him, but not now.

As for Ubaldo, I agree with you. Let him work out of the pen for a while. Buck said, when announcing that he was putting Ubaldo in the pen, that the purpose was to let Ubaldo work on his pitching mechanics and command. Fixing these will not be an overnight project. I was listening to the guy on The Fan (don't remember his name) on my way home from the Orioles' game -- Orioles' management doesn't want to release him because they don't want to eat up that huge salary. Right now, use him in mop-up, low-leverage situations. Do not even think about putting him back in the rotation. Instead let Despaignes get a spot start or two, at least until Worley returns from the DL.

As for Wright, they guy on the The Fan said that Wright has been optioned to Norfolk. This time, let him stay there for a while as he learns how to pitch. Gallardo will take his place on the roster.

I was excited about the signing at the time, as were many others. Much easier to ask "what was he thinking?" With disdain now than at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Except that I was asking at the time. I don't second-guess. Jiminez had been on a steady decline for years then he jumped up and had a good second half for the Indians in 2013. That's not enough for 4/$50 million. Gallardo is the same thing and will end up the same way most likely. Duquette has been a pretty good GM except for these free agent starting pitchers. He just seems to have some sort of blind spot there.

Ubaldo had some pretty impressive K's on beautiful pitches. He still has it if he could get more consistent somehow. Much too early to give up on a guy who pitched well for us last year. Remember Tillman. And Arrieta.

Ubaldo had some pretty impressive K's on beautiful pitches. He still has it if he could get more consistent somehow. Much too early to give up on a guy who pitched well for us last year. Remember Tillman. And Arrieta.

I was at the game he pitched seven vs. the Twins. That guy is in there. It's part of what makes him so frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived