Manny starts Suspension Today

weams

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think if you look at past history he got off light and maybe they **thought** he wouldn't have a chance. I still would have tried though, especially after they reduced from 9 to 8.

If they were going by past history than Ventura doesn't get his reduced. His past history is significantly worse than Manny's.

I don't care for the fact that the other suspension was reduced without a hearing and that Buck and Manny already know this his won't be reduced.

I'd like someone to explain how this doesn't fall under: "Don't sue the other owners."

Or "Allow other owners to steal without complaining."

That's weird. I thought they'd wait until Tuesday so his fourth game would be game 1 of the double header.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I was thinking but maybe they are so worried about the pitching that they may want ot have an extra arm in the bullpen for the DH.

Probably option Janish or Flaherty if we need to.

If they were going by past history than Ventura doesn't get his reduced. His past history is significantly worse than Manny's.
4 games is pretty consistent with past history with charging the mound after being hit by a pitch.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Buck on Manny suspension: "A good player doing good things and we won’t have him for four days because somebody hit him with a pitch."</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">June 18, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That's what I was thinking but maybe they are so worried about the pitching that they may want ot have an extra arm in the bullpen for the DH.

Probably option Janish or Flaherty if we need to.

No they're not. They get a 26th man for the 2nd game of the DH. Another pitcher I'm sure. I don't think the 10-days down rule even applies. They could call up TJ.

Archived