O's have clinched their best mid-season record since 1997

Frobby

By winning their 46th game last night, the O's have clinched their best mid-season (81-game) record since 1997, when they went 54-27. Since then, the O's best mid-season mark came in 2013, when they were 45-36. Interestingly, in the two years in which the O's made the playoffs, they were only 42-39 at the halfway point.

It will be interesting to see how many wins the O's can add to their total over the next five games before they reach the halfway point.

By winning their 46th game last night, the O's have clinched their best mid-season (81-game) record since 1997, when they went 54-27. Since then, the O's best mid-season mark came in 2013, when they were 45-36. Interestingly, in the two years in which the O's made the playoffs, they were only 42-39 at the halfway point.

It will be interesting to see how many wins the O's can add to their total over the next five games before they reach the halfway point.

So much for all the fortune tellers who had this team with 90+ loss record!!!!! :)

So much for all the fortune tellers who had this team with 90+ loss record!!!!! :)

I had us in the high 70s. Very happy to be wrong. If we are still in this position in a couple of weeks, it is going to be very hard to argue against going all in and trading the farm for the very best pitcher on the market. This is starting to feel like 2014. The only missing piece is an ace to carry us through the playoffs.

It's still possible if we go 26 and 60 the rest of the way.

In 2005, we were 44-37 at the halfway point, then went 30-44 in the second half. Somehow, I don't see that happening with this team. Buck's worst second-half record as Orioles manager is 39-42 (last year). I could certainly imagine a record like that in a negative scenario.

Back then in 1997 baseball was a very different game.

Orioles in first at the halfway point..........heh, even the Cleveland Indians were in first place at the halfway point........

Wait......I mean, yea it was way different, even the Marlins were a playoff team.

wait, really?

WHAT YEAR IS IT?

Orioles in first at the halfway point..........heh, even the Cleveland Indians were in first place at the halfway point........

Wait......I mean, yea it was way different, even the Marlins were a playoff team.

wait, really?

WHAT YEAR IS IT?

1997, the last time, they went wire to wire in 1st.

wait, really?

WHAT YEAR IS IT?

Wait, I get to start college again?

Sweet!

I had us in the high 70s. Very happy to be wrong. If we are still in this position in a couple of weeks, it is going to be very hard to argue against going all in and trading the farm for the very best pitcher on the market. This is starting to feel like 2014. The only missing piece is an ace to carry us through the playoffs.

Thank you.

Archived