Ariel Miranda Pitching Tonight

Davey

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> have selected the contract of LHP Ariel Miranda from Norfolk and optioned RHP Tyler Wilson to the Tides.</p>— Norfolk Tides (@NorfolkTides) <a href="
">July 3, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Interesting. Welcome Ariel to the big leagues!

I wonder if he will start or if he will be in a long relief role while we don't need a 5th starter. Maybe it is a "temp to perm" position.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interesting. Welcome Ariel to the big leagues!

I wonder if he will start or if he will be in a long relief role while we don't need a 5th starter. Maybe it is a "temp to perm" position.

He is left handed. His clock has started. And so has he. He's kinda TJ for now.

PRESS RELEASE

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE July 3, 2016

ORIOLES MAKE THREE ROSTER MOVES

The Orioles today announced that they have selected the contract of LHP ARIEL MIRANDA from Triple-A Norfolk, optioned RHP TYLER WILSON to Triple-A Norfolk, and transferred LHP BRIAN DUENSING to the 60-day disabled list with left elbow inflammation (retroactive to June 20).

Miranda, 27, went 3-7 with a 4.06 ERA (35 ER/77.2 IP) and 72 strikeouts in 15 games with the Tides this season. He posted three straight scoreless starts over his last three outings (19.0 IP) and went

2-0 with 18 strikeouts, while holding batters to a .108 batting average (7-for-65) in that three-game span. Originally signed by the Orioles as a free agent to a minor league contract on May 27, 2015, he went 9-10 with a 3.84 ERA (63 ER/147.2 IP) and 143 strikeouts over 29 minor league starts. Miranda’s first appearance with the Orioles will be his Major League debut. He will wear No. 41.

Wilson, 26, went 4-6 with a 5.22 ERA (47 ER/81.0 IP) over 16 games (13 starts) with the Orioles this season. In 25 career Major League games (18 starts), Wilson went 6-8 with a 4.69 ERA (61 ER/117.0 IP).

Duensing, 33, pitched to a 5.40 ERA (4 ER/6.2 IP) over seven games with the Orioles this season.

Michael - what do you think of his stuff?

I have watched him six times, always with Bowie. I did watch him with Norfolk on MilbTV. He has good stuff. Does not throw too hard. Seen him in the 90's. Great split. He's pretty tall, good extension and movement. Seems to have a good head for pitching. Not just a thrower.

I have watched him six times, always with Bowie. I did watch him with Norfolk on MilbTV. He has good stuff. Does not throw too hard. Seen him in the 90's. Great split. He's pretty tall, good extension and movement. Seems to have a good head for pitching. Not just a thrower.

So he's a pitcher we think we'll beat but rarely ever end up beating?

That sounds good. Hope he does well in Baltimore.

Archived