Ariel Miranda Pitching Tonight

Davey

Who was expecting him to be effective? YOU

And why are you using ERA?

Because it was used when baseball statistics meant something. I will not go to college to learn sabrametrics.

To Can Of Corn you don't need to be sarcastic when people have their right to their own opinions.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because it was used when baseball statistics meant something. I will not go to college to learn sabrametrics.

To Can Of Corn you don't need to be sarcastic when people have their right to their own opinions.

I wasn't being sarcastic.

I was asking.

You not wanting to improve your understanding of the game is your right.

As for Miranda I wasn't expecting competence. I was expecting him to eat some low leverage innings.

Don't have to go to college. Just have to read a little bit.

Goodbye Miranda. Next!

Geez, tough crowd. The guy comes on and essentially retires the first 7 batters he faces in the majors (6 outs and a reach-on-error) and then gives up 4 hits, so we want to write him off.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I was busy and didn't see or hear the first part of the game. However, on my way home, I listened on the radio at the beginning of Miranda's 3rd inning. (I believe it was) Joe Angel saying that Miranda should take over Ubaldo's Friday start.

He showed enough for me to give him a chance.

1. He can't be any worse than what we've been getting from the #4 and #5 spots

2. He threw strikes.

3. He works fast

4. His last 3 starts at Norfolk were lights out

I think he's in the conversation. We don't need starter for a few weeks, so let's see how he does out of the pen for that period. He showed a little something yesterday, but obviously the end result was not good.

To be honest, I'm not sure Worley shouldn't be given the first swing at the rotation, but like I said, let's see how the next few weeks go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he's in the conversation. We don't need starter for a few weeks, so let's see how he does out of the pen for that period. He showed a little something yesterday, but obviously the end result was not good.

To be honest, I'm not sure Worley shouldn't be given the first swing at the rotation, but like I said, let's see how the next few weeks go.

We don't need Wilson's spot until after the break, but I'd give Ubaldo's next start to either Miranda, Despaigne, or Worley. You can hide Ubaldo in the pen until after the break.

Then, if you don't want Ubaldo in the rotation, you have to decide if you want to release him or play one position player down. I think Ubaldo as part of a seven man pen is a bad idea.

We don't need Wilson's spot until after the break, but I'd give Ubaldo's next start to either Miranda, Despaigne, or Worley. You can hide Ubaldo in the pen until after the break.

Then, if you don't want Ubaldo in the rotation, you have to decide if you want to release him or play one position player down. I think Ubaldo as part of a seven man pen is a bad idea.

That's a fair point, hadn't touched on Ubaldo's spot. I guess my assumption is that he'll get one more start before the break (I guess Friday at home against the Halos.) Think we give him one more shot to fail.

That's a fair point, hadn't touched on Ubaldo's spot. I guess my assumption is that he'll get one more start before the break (I guess Friday at home against the Halos.) Think we give him one more shot to fail.

You're likely right. I think Buck's frustration level with Ubaldo has to be through the roof with the failed bunt play and the balk.

You're likely right. I think Buck's frustration level with Ubaldo has to be through the roof with the failed bunt play and the balk.
The failed bunt was Manny's fault. He didn't cover 3rd base. The balk was an absent minded idiocy by Ubaldo.

Tough crowd with Miranda. The guy has something. A lefty that can throw 94 with multiple breaking pitches. Easily the best lefty I've seen out of our pen since the good Matusz, not counting Britton.

ERA is out the window with these AAA shuttle guys because we are using them to eat innings. Miranda as a LOOGY would be a good fit, with this pitching staff we can't afford to do that. He's a lot better than Duensing, Tolliver, Drake and Roe. I think he's a nugget come September. He's just not going to be the savior of our starting pitching woes.

Manny was playing in for the bunt, he couldnt cover 3B as well.
According to what I've heard and read, Manny should have seen Ubaldo coming in to field the bunt and should have stayed and covered 3rd base. Or else Hardy could have covered 3rd base. Are you saying that Ubaldo should have covered 3rd base?

Archived