Donnie Hart

canonfaz

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, section18 said:

I agree ! As  much as I would  like to see Wright succeed here it doesn't appear he has learned to control his temper as exhibited after his last start. For those who don't know he pounded the dugout wall multiple times after his last start that lasted less than one inning. It's the wonder he didn't fracture each hand.  The walls are padded so that probably helped.  I know Brady wants him to get more ml time in to help with his benefits but it doesn't look like it will happen here.  Someone will pick him up and probably make a 10 game + winner out of him. It would be nice if Hart could discover whatever he lost after his first year with us when he was successful.  He could be valuable for us if his old magic returns.

I don't mind a player getting angry. How many bats has CD broken over his leg? That shows some fire in his belly. Frustrating game for him. Hope makes it in the BP. 

26 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

I don't mind a player getting angry. How many bats has CD broken over his leg? That shows some fire in his belly. Frustrating game for him. Hope makes it in the BP. 

The problem with Wright is he will lose his composure on the mound and cost us games.

What I have seen from Wright is an inability to command and control his stuff.   That is what has cost him his spot in the rotation.  That he bangs his fist on the dugout wall don't mean too much as long as he doesn't hurt himself IMO.   I didn't really see him lose his composure on the mound.   He just couldn't hit his spots. His control has to improve to keep him in the majors, whether its the pen or the rotation.

7 minutes ago, wildcard said:

What I have seen from Wright is an inability to command and control his stuff.   That is what has cost him his spot in the rotation.  That he bangs his fist on the dugout wall don't mean too much as long as he doesn't hurt himself IMO.   I didn't really see him lose his composure on the mound.   He just couldn't hit his spots. His control has to improve to keep him in the majors, whether its the pen or the rotation.

I'm not talking about the last start specifically. There have been many times where he walks a guy on a close pitch, pouts, serves up home run. Brach does it too. I agree, it generally starts with his own command but you will see in his body language when he is visibly frustrated and that generally leads to bad things.

20 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Even though he maybe wasn’t visibly frustrated, I disagree. I think that was a classic Mike Wright meltdown this weekend in New York. Gets into some trouble then compounds the issue with an incredibly damaging error. Then things start to snowball and he isn’t able to stem the negative tide. Maybe he was huffin and puffin and talkin to himself, but I think we’ve seen that before. 

Obviously want to see the guy do well, but I really think what has continued to plague Wright was fully on display.

12 hours ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

Will he be sent down on Saturday for Cobb or did the Orioles have an open spot in the bullpen?

They are now balanced in a traditional way with 13 position players and 12 pitchers.  But they have 4 starters and 8 relievers.  They could choose to send the MI back down instead of Hart tomorrow.

o

Hart entered the game with a runner on 1st base and 2 outs, in the 7th inning.

4 OUTS: ) 3 Groundouts, 1 Flyout

DONNIE SCOTT HART )))))) (vs. RED SOX, 4/13)

IP:llll1.33 ) *

H:lllll1 )) (1 Single)

R:lllll0

BB:lll0

SO:lll0

Pitches: )l 17 )(12 )Strikes, )5 )Balls)

2017 ERA: )l 0.00 )  1.33 IP  (0 ER)

2017 WHIP: )l 0.750 )  1.33 IP  (1 H/BB)

2017 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: )l .200 ))  (1 for 5)

* )) Hart entered the game with a runner on 1st base and 2 outs, in the 7th inning.

PITCHES BY INNING

21 ll(21 lStrikes, lllllllBalls) ) **

15 ll(10 lStrikes, lllllllBalls)

** )) Hart recorded 1 out in the 7th inning.

o

• 1 month later...

o

(vs. RED SOX, 5/17)

Hart faced 4 batters, and recorded 3 outs (he ceded 1 Single.)

12 Pitches )(9 )Strikes, )3 )Balls.)

2018 ERA: llllllllllllllll 1.93 )  4.67 IP  (1 ER)

2018 WHIP: lllllllllllll 1.286 )  4.67 IP  (6 H/BB)

2018 BATTING AVG: Oo .286  ll (6 for 21)

o

I like Hart. You can win with that guy. He just has to be in a defined role. When he was our LOOGY in 2016 he was a beast. He will come in and get a big lefty out. 

We’re just so terrible that players roles are forced to expand and they don’t have success. 

It’s a trickle down effect from having SPs like Ubaldo and Tillman on the team. They’re so terrible they ruin your bullpen make up. So not only do you lose, but it effects the 7 man bullpen make up. 

• 4 weeks later...

o

(vs. RED SOX, 5/17)

Hart was the beneficiary of a base-runner thrown out at home plate tonight.

He yielded 2 Singles and 1 Walk in only 1 Inning Pitched.

20 Pitches )(13 )Strikes, )7 )Balls.)

2018 ERA: llllllllllllllll 1.35 )  6.67 IP  (1 ER)

2018 WHIP: lllllllllllll 1.350 )  6.67 IP  (9 H/BB)

2018 BATTING AVG: Oo .286  ll (8 for 28)

o

8 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

(vs. RED SOX, 5/17)

Hart was the beneficiary of a base-runner thrown out at home plate tonight.

He yielded 2 Singles and 1 Walk in only 1 Inning Pitched.

20 Pitches )(13 )Strikes, )7 )Balls.)

2018 ERA: llllllllllllllll 1.35 )  6.67 IP  (1 ER)

2018 WHIP: lllllllllllll 1.350 )  6.67 IP  (9 H/BB)

2018 BATTING AVG: Oo .286  ll (8 for 28)

o

How many right-handed batters did he face? I still think Hart is an MLB-ready LOOGY (he reminds me of a poor man's Jesse Orasco).  Looks like LH's are hitting .167 against him while RH's are hitting .500 against him.  Come on Buck!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived