Bowden: Manny's agent proposed a long-term deal to the O's before the season started

Frobby

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last piece of this article:

"Machado will be eligible for arbitration for the second time this offseason, so another big pay increase should come his way regardless. Bowden writes that Machado "loves the Orioles' organization and playing at Camden Yards and would love to stay there

his entire career," which will definitely work in Baltimore's favor once negotiations pick up."

So for me that means long term contract, plenty of deferred money and No opt out. But this is extremely good news.

Last piece of this article:

"Machado will be eligible for arbitration for the second time this offseason, so another big pay increase should come his way regardless. Bowden writes that Machado "loves the Orioles' organization and playing at Camden Yards and would love to stay there

his entire career," which will definitely work in Baltimore's favor once negotiations pick up."

So for me that means long term contract, plenty of deferred money and No opt out. But this is extremely good news.

I don't see how he doesn't demand an opt out.

"Were making you an Oriole for life Manny, not an Oriole for the next 3 years.....and seriously the $400 million isn't enough?"

I don't see the O's stepping up to the point where an opt out isn't in Manny's best interest. I think the O's are going to have to be the ones to concede the issue.

I think PA exists in a perpetual state of "sticker shock", the only question is to what degree. I'd give him at least another 3 months before the effects of last offseason have worn off.

In all seriousness, I don't think there's any higher long-term priority than keeping Manny and Schoop. The sooner they address this the better IMO.

Archived