Bowden: Manny's agent proposed a long-term deal to the O's before the season started

Frobby

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is he responsible for running it as if he were a benevolent despot? Or dose he just get flashing neon signs at each city boundary?

He gets the flashing signs, with an option to run the city if the O's win the World Series.

You are going to have to pry that 300m out of Pete's hands with a crowbar, kicking and screaming.

It is probably going to be a 2 year process just to get him to even entertain paying "one player that much money".

At least he plays every day. This thing will probably go on for the next 2.5 years, sit back and relax.

You are going to have to pry that 300m out of Pete's hands with a crowbar, kicking and screaming.

It is probably going to be a 2 year process just to get him to even entertain paying "one player that much money".

At least he plays every day. This thing will probably go on for the next 2.5 years, sit back and relax.

At which point it will be $450 mm, not $300 mm. Manny's bargaining position has improved tremendously over the last 1.5 seasons,and will probably continue to do so.

Henceforth, the team will be known as the "Mannyville Manny's and 24 Other Guys." But that's kind of long, so the short version will be the Manny's.

Managed by Manny Showalter, Coached by Manny Coolbaugh, Manny Kirby, Manny Windmill, Manny Chiti, Manny Wallace and Manny Russell.

At which point it will be $450 mm, not $300 mm. Manny's bargaining position has improved tremendously over the last 1.5 seasons,and will probably continue to do so.

Won't hear an argument from me on that one.

Every minute that goes by he makes more money.

Something tells me they were hoping for a "down year"...maybe another small injury to use against him. Yeah that pretty much backfired.

Won't hear an argument from me on that one.

Every minute that goes by he makes more money.

Something tells me they were hoping for a "down year"...maybe another small injury to use against him. Yeah that pretty much backfired.

Or maybe the opposite. Manny has yet to have back to back full seasons. Maybe they want to make sure he can put together consecutive seasons before they committ that many years and money. Hope it gets done.

People will give Manny a blank check in one thread and then complain about Ubaldo, the money wasted on him, and the playing time wasted on him, in another. I guess hope springs eternal that some day a long-term megadeal will actually work out for the team that inks one with a player.

People will give Manny a blank check in one thread and then complain about Ubaldo, the money wasted on him, and the playing time wasted on him, in another. I guess hope springs eternal that some day a long-term megadeal will actually work out for the team that inks one with a player.

I'm not in favor of a blank check but extending Machado is a far different proposition than giving Ubaldo a four year contract. Manny is significantly younger and more talented.

Rafael Palmeiro worked out pretty good . The first time.

Archived