Baseball Hack

weams

Hacking into those trade secrets is not a slap on the wrist offense, it's a potentially major industry shifting attack on a corporation. As far as MLB goes, I think it's far worse than anyone player caught using PEDs,corking their bat etc. It's like the whole team is doing it.

I'm still not disagreeing with you but what does it have to do with the Federal case?

Do you think MLB penalties should be predicated on what law enforcement does?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm still not disagreeing with you but what does it have to do with the Federal case?

No, not at all. I think business can invoke their own work rules and penalties as long as they don't break federal statutes themselves.

I think the league needs to come down very hard on the Cardinals. It's not like this was some low level guy. It was their Director of Scouting!

Now, what constitutes "coming down hard" is open to debate. Losing some draft picks, for sure. How many and over what period of time, I couldn't say.

I'm hoping that MLB realizes that this was not a minor issue, hence the nearly 4 year sentence. To let the Cardinals off with a small slap or a fine would be completely unjust. Though I honestly will be surprised if the punishment is anything of note.

Why is this in "orioles Talk", there's a thread for "MLB" for stuff like this...

It will generate some discussion here and then be moved to the MLB board. If you think enough know the thread exists then please move it to the MLB board. Thank you for your moderation.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I think the league needs to come down very hard on the Cardinals. It's not like this was some low level guy. It was their Director of Scouting!

Now, what constitutes "coming down hard" is open to debate. Losing some draft picks, for sure. How many and over what period of time, I couldn't say.

Seems to me that the injured party, the Astros, should receive compensation from the Cardinals. They would if a player, coach, or front office employee was "tampered with", so certainly they should in this case, which seems to me to be gross tampering.

Seems to me that the injured party, the Astros, should receive compensation from the Cardinals. They would if a player, coach, or front office employee was "tampered with", so certainly they should in this case, which seems to me to be gross tampering.

Orioles never got anything when they were tampered with.

A completely preposterous sentence if you know anything about the criminal justice system. They guy has no record and is an otherwise upstanding member of society, and he gets what a drug trafficker would get first time around.

There was just a story yesterday about how a hiker in MD beat his hiking partner over the head with a hammer and killed him.

Guess what he got? 10 years, will be eligible for parole in about 4. The murderer will serve as much time as the nerd hacker. And spare me all the "this was a serious crime" BS. You can steal 10's of millions and not get this much time. This was a prosecution/judge hellbent on sending a message for whatever reason.

Unfortunately this guy has almost no recourse and will serve at least 41 months of that sentence since it was federal.

You wouldn't believe the things you have to do in Baltimore City to get 4 years of actual jail time. Basically kill someone if it is your first offense.

A completely preposterous sentence if you know anything about the criminal justice system. They guy has no record and is an otherwise upstanding member of society, and he gets what a drug trafficker would get first time around.

There was just a story yesterday about how a hiker in MD beat his hiking partner over the head with a hammer and killed him.

Guess what he got? 10 years, will be eligible for parole in about 4. The murderer will serve as much time as the nerd hacker. And spare me all the "this was a serious crime" BS. You can steal 10's of millions and not get this much time. This was a prosecution/judge hellbent on sending a message for whatever reason.

Unfortunately this guy has almost no recourse and will serve at least 41 months of that sentence since it was federal.

You wouldn't believe the things you have to do in Baltimore City to get 4 years of actual jail time. Basically kill someone if it is your first offense.

The 46 months was a plea deal, so obviously there is quite a bit we don't know.

Archived