Toronto is now out of the Running for Jay Bruce.

weams

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just say no to Bruce. He's another DH type who brings a glove with him, but really shouldn't be in the field. We're stacked with those.

Upton was at least intriguing because he could play defense.

I like Bruce a lot but your assessment here is spot on.

Ok come on... A-Rod, Teixeira, maybe even Votto. There are plenty of bad contracts on non contending teams.

Votto is the only one that you mentioned that plays baseball. Where does he play for the Orioles?

Remember, next year we likely have no Trumbo. Bruce would fit right in that RF spot. And he could certainly help this year. Picture the O's loading up with lefty hitting in the playoffs.

That's what I was thinking.

Bruce’s market represents a “moving target,” Jon Heyman of Fan Rag tweets. (Those of you who followed yesterday’s frenzy will surely understand this.) As things stand as the weekend begins, the Orioles are out, per Heyman. The Nationals are focused first on improving their bullpen, though seemingly remain involved. That leaves the Dodgers as the obvious suitor, with the Mets and Mariners among the other organizations that have at least some ongoing interest in Bruce.

MLBTR

I wouldn't mind Bruce because of the hole he fills in 2017 when Trumbo goes. I don't think we match up though. They don't need a catcher or a first baseman.

His glove doesn't fit. I like Bruce too though.

Archived