Hate Saying This, But It Is Looking Like The Orioles Could Be The Odd Team Out.

ORIOLE33

I'm expecting a thread like this every time we lose a game from here on out.

The team is not playing great ball, but I expect a lot of twists and turns before we know how it all comes out. It should be an exciting stretch run. I have no idea how it will turn out.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am concerned that this team is tired. Outside of Manny & Schoop, the core (Hardy, Jones, Davis, Wieters) are all over 30. O'Day's injuries have put a lot of work on Brach. They just played 30 of 42 on the road with 5 players having made 3 separate trips to the West Coast since late June. They've had 2 one-game road trips in that period. And the bench just isn't as strong as 2014.

I hope that this brutal road stretch gets to Boston at some point. But outside of Ortiz their core is young, so they can better withstand it. Toronto has two less games remaining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The team is not playing great ball, but I expect a lot of twists and turns before we know how it all comes out. It should be an exciting stretch run. I have no idea how it will turn out.

I agree, its a long season for all the teams.

But it dismays me how quickly some fans want to start drinking the kool-aid.

Yeah, it was an ugly loss, but coming off a long road trip, I'll blame exhaustion and jet lag for Tuesday's disheartening performance. Let's see what today brings, with Bundy on the hill! If the Sox knock him out early... THEN it might be panic time! :drek:

Yeah, it was an ugly loss, but coming off a long road trip, I'll blame exhaustion and jet lag for Tuesday's disheartening performance. Let's see what today brings, with Bundy on the hill! If the Sox knock him out early... THEN it might be panic time! :drek:

Ugly, because it came against the Sox.

As of the 7th inning, they had come back and tied it up 3-3, and they were still in the game.

I hate to lose, and no loss is a good loss.

A 15-2 beatdown is worse, or 7-2 by the 2nd inning, and thats the final score of the game.

I guess so. And if we win the next four, you'll see the World Series-or-bust thread resuscitate. What surprises me is the number of posters here commiserating. I expect a few ledge sitters but not that many. I wasn't aware that this game was so important.

OH has a few posters that are so negative, they want the team to lose, so they can say, I told you so, or DD sucks, or both.

I guess so. And if we win the next four, you'll see the World Series-or-bust thread resuscitate. What surprises me is the number of posters here commiserating. I expect a few ledge sitters but not that many. I wasn't aware that this game was so important.

Actually you don't see nearly as many posts about how we are certain to win, after a victory, as you see posts about how we are doomed, after a loss.

Every loss brings out dozens of people making definitive statements like this team is done, or we aren't as good as team X, or this particular weakness will cost us the pennant.

After a win there are few, if any, posts that are the opposite of that. You don't see people saying we have the division locked up, etc. People are hopeful, but the level of certainty is nowhere near as high as that of the nay sayers when things arent going well.

Ugly, because it came against the Sox.

As of the 7th inning, they had come back and tied it up 3-3, and they were still in the game.

I hate to lose, and no loss is a good loss.

A 15-2 beatdown is worse, or 7-2 by the 2nd inning, and thats the final score of the game.

Yeah, could've been worse, but when they battled back to tie, at home and with our bullpen, you must've liked our chances at that point. You hate to see the opposition beat one of our strengths.

Yeah, could've been worse, but when they battled back to tie, at home and with our bullpen, you must've liked our chances at that point. You hate to see the opposition beat one of our strengths.

Absolutely agreed, it was a crushing loss, thats for sure.

I suspect the players feel it even worse than we the fans do.

This team has spunk and far from over with, they will bounce back.

Offense struggling, particularly Trumbo and Davis. Miley 0-2, 7+ ERA since filling the #5 spot. Tillman potentially injured. Brach scuffling, O'Day out again, bad series against Oakland and now dropped a winnable game against a divisional opponent. It sure doesn't feel good right now.

On the other hand, we are a game out of first place with 40-some games left. The division is very much in play and we still control our own destiny for a wild card as well. Pretty good for a team the consensus on the board put at .500 going into the year. Bundy looks like an ace in the making. We can't expect TOR and BOS to roll over. If we get hot we will win the division, and that is all you can realistically hope for at this time year.

Actually you don't see nearly as many posts about how we are certain to win, after a victory, as you see posts about how we are doomed, after a loss.

Every loss brings out dozens of people making definitive statements like this team is done, or we aren't as good as team X, or this particular weakness will cost us the pennant.

After a win there are few, if any, posts that are the opposite of that. You don't see people saying we have the division locked up, etc. People are hopeful, but the level of certainty is nowhere near as high as that of the nay sayers when things arent going well.

Defense mechanism. People don't like to be hurt. I don't think it means that people are negative they just try to lessen the pain somehow if it happens.

Offense struggling, particularly Trumbo and Davis. Miley 0-2, 7+ ERA since filling the #5 spot. Tillman potentially injured. Brach scuffling, O'Day out again, bad series against Oakland and now dropped a winnable game against a divisional opponent. It sure doesn't feel good right now.

On the other hand, we are a game out of first place with 40-some games left. The division is very much in play and we still control our own destiny for a wild card as well. Pretty good for a team the consensus on the board put at .500 going into the year. Bundy looks like an ace in the making. We can't expect TOR and BOS to roll over. If we get hot we will win the division, and that is all you can realistically hope for at this time year.

Plenty of reasons for concern but this team has been resilient all year. Not that worried about the other wild card teams except Seattle. Was glad to see they lost last night. Tigers are pretty beat up. Like you said we control our own destiny.

It's just bull**** that good things keep happening to the Red Sox when their fans have seen three World Series in the past 12 years. Why the baseball gods continue to treat them well is beyond me.

Also, our team looks completely checked out. Look at the Orioles Instagram post after Wieters single...Pearce and Trumbo are walking back to the dugout with blank stares on their faces as if their dog just died.

The Baseball Gods favor those who put themselves in the best position to be favored. The Red Sox are lightyears better at drafting and developing talent than the Orioles, and it's showing. We don't have a Mookie Betts in our system. Or really any of the Sox homegrown guys. We have no equivalent.

The Baseball Gods favor those who put themselves in the best position to be favored. The Red Sox are lightyears better at drafting and developing talent than the Orioles, and it's showing. We don't have a Mookie Betts in our system. Or really any of the Sox homegrown guys. We have no equivalent.

I agree with you in general except for 2013. Boston had a million things go right for them that year. Players coming off of bad years bounced back and every FA they signed played well.

Archived