Waiver Trade Countdown Clock

weams

Aug. 31 postseason roster deadline

The last day in August is sometimes referred to as the "waiver trade deadline," as players acquired after that date are ineligible to be added to the postseason roster by their new teams.

Aug. 31 is not a firm deadline for trades, however, as players can still be dealt after that date. For instance: On Sept. 13, 2015, the Blue Jays acquired infielder Darwin Barney from the Dodgers. But because Barney was acquired after Aug. 31, he was ineligible for the postseason roster and did not appear with Toronto in either the ALDS vs. the Rangers or the ALCS vs. the Royals.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/08/ervin-santana-clears-trade-waivers.html

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think they'll make any moves. With Tillman banged up, Bundy fading and Jones nursing a bad hammy, I think the FO is very aware that there is no late addition that's going to make a difference for this team - nor is there one worth paying the price for. Either what's here will turn itself around, or what's here won't.

I don't think they'll make any moves. With Tillman banged up, Bundy fading and Jones nursing a bad hammy, I think the FO is very aware that there is no late addition that's going to make a difference for this team - nor is there one worth paying the price for. Either what's here will turn itself around, or what's here won't.

I Disagree.

Archived