If we can win the series in Boston, I like our chances for a division title

Frobby

I have never, EVER, stopped believing in the Orioles. They are my team and always will be. Its like a child you are proud of who sometimes gets you crazy and furious..but you never stop loving them. Nothing I ever say or write, good or bad, right or wrong should be an indication that i dont bleed the Orange and blue. Hell, Ive invested 55 years of my life, my central nervous system, Ive endured derision, heartbreak, divorce,humiliation, despair, and had more ecstatic moments with this franchise that made me come back for the pipe again and again.Maybe all of you understand..maybe you think Im a doom and gloom negative force...but Im also made up of a lot of scar tissue too. My heart will always lead with the Orioles. Nothing else in pro sports matters nearly as much to me. AND NOTHING EVER WILL.

o

Roy, I think that you may have misinterpreted my post.

When I said that you still believed in this team, I meant that you still believed that they had a legitimate shot at a postseason berth, possibly even the division title.

I know that you never stopped loving the team, no matter how good or bad they ever were. I don't think any of us believed in the Orioles for the majority of the seasons between 1998 and 2011, seasons in which they were essentially out of the Pennant race by June (save for perhaps 2 or 3 seasons when they got off to at least a pretty good start.) Still loved them, yes. Still went to the games dressed like an orange and black maniac, yes. But believed in them in the sense of them being a legitimate playoff contender, no.

o

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have never, EVER, stopped believing in the Orioles. They are my team and always will be. Its like a child you are proud of who sometimes gets you crazy and furious..but you never stop loving them. Nothing I ever say or write, good or bad, right or wrong should be an indication that i dont bleed the Orange and blue. Hell, Ive invested 55 years of my life, my central nervous system, Ive endured derision, heartbreak, divorce,humiliation, despair, and had more ecstatic moments with this franchise that made me come back for the pipe again and again.Maybe all of you understand..maybe you think Im a doom and gloom negative force...but Im also made up of a lot of scar tissue too. My heart will always lead with the Orioles. Nothing else in pro sports matters nearly as much to me. AND NOTHING EVER WILL.

A perfect analogy Roy!

We wont win a game in this series after Mileys start tonight..along with our defense that didnt show up.Just unbelievably bad.
That makes no sense. We all knew this was the worst matchup of the three. It has virtually no bearing on the next two games.

OK, can we just stop having these types of posts every time we lose a game? This team has earned that much respect after repeatedly proving its resilience over 144 games.

Hoping we can win tomorrow, that would be the cherry on top of the sundae.

o

I would like to see the Orioles to get a cheap home run tomorrow that barely clears the Green Monster, and would otherwise be a long fly ball out in any other Major League stadium.

When you are going up against a pitcher like Porcello, a fortunate break or two can go a long way.

The Orioles faced Porcello on June 2 and totaled five runs in six innings in a 12-7 win. He didn’t get the decision.

Porcello is 3-7 with a 5.61 ERA and 1.455 WHIP in 13 career starts against the Orioles over 77 innings. Could Ryan Flaherty get a rare start, since he’s 6-for-11 with a home run against Porcello? He probably won’t replace Hardy, who’s 9-for-22 with two doubles.

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2016/09/notes-on-rotation-hardy-and-tonights-game.html

Thank you for this, Roy

o

I would like to see the Orioles to get a cheap home run tomorrow that barely clears the Green Monster, and would otherwise be a long fly ball out in any other Major League stadium.

When you are going up against a pitcher like Porcello, a fortunate break or two can go a long way.

The Orioles faced Porcello on June 2 and totaled five runs in six innings in a 12-7 win. He didn’t get the decision.

Porcello is 3-7 with a 5.61 ERA and 1.455 WHIP in 13 career starts against the Orioles over 77 innings. Could Ryan Flaherty get a rare start, since he’s 6-for-11 with a home run against Porcello? He probably won’t replace Hardy, who’s 9-for-22 with two doubles.

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2016/09/notes-on-rotation-hardy-and-tonights-game.html

Oh.

In that case, I hope that one of our players hits a home run that goes at least 25 feet over the wall in straightaway centerfield.

The Orioles faced Porcello on June 2 and totaled five runs in six innings in a 12-7 win. He didn?t get the decision.

Porcello is 3-7 with a 5.61 ERA and 1.455 WHIP in 13 career starts against the Orioles over 77 innings. Could Ryan Flaherty get a rare start, since he?s 6-for-11 with a home run against Porcello? He probably won?t replace Hardy, who?s 9-for-22 with two doubles.

Hmmm...Schoop is 0-6 vs. Porcello....does Flash play 2nd?

Porcello is 14-0 this year at Fenway. BUT, if anyone can bust that record, it's the Orioles.

I'm hoping for a really really really good game.....Orioles win 3-2.

I don't know how we've managed to face Porky only once all year before now. He's had a really good season and that big contract he signed with the Sox doesn't look too bad now. The big thing is he's had tremendous run support -- 7.20 runs/game. The Sox have failed to score at least 4 runs only four times when he's pitched. Gausman needs to make it five.

While not a must-win, tonight's game will have significant implications on their likelihood to win the division. If they win, they're down 1 with 17 to go and it's a horse race. If they lose, they're down 3 and would need to take 3 of 4 against Boston next week or hope for some serious help from the likes of New York and Toronto.

While not a must-win, tonight's game will have significant implications on their likelihood to win the division. If they win, they're down 1 with 17 to go and it's a horse race. If they lose, they're down 3 and would need to take 3 of 4 against Boston next week or hope for some serious help from the likes of New York and Toronto.

I think that's correct. 3 games down with 17 to play wouldn't be insurmountable, but 1 game down is a lot easier.

It can get worse. Huh.

o

If we lose tomorrow, it will be worse.

A 12-2 loss is the same as a 3-2 loss in the standings ....... although a 12-2 loss is a little tougher on the psyche. Since the 2012 season, the Orioles (in my rat's ass of an opinion) have been a team that doesn't carry "disastrous" losses over into their next game. They have had losing streaks, they have had cold streaks offensively, but I don't believe that any of them have been results of them not being able to put a previous game's loss behind them.

o

BALTIMORE O RIOLES ooo)lllllll......... - 6

BOSTON RED SOX OOOOOOOOOOOO.....llllll))) - 3

o

o

And the very next day ........

BALTIMORE O RIOLES ooo)lllllll......... - 1

BOSTON RED SOX OOOOOOOOOOOO.....llllll))) - 0

The Orioles don't take losses ........ even beat-down losses ........ into their next game with them. :cool:

o

Archived