vs. RAYS, 9/15

Sessh

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah' date=' this game is on Buck. Gallardo is a known commodity and this game is way too important. If you are going to start him, fine. But the hook should have been quicker than what Frazier hit Ali with in 71. To keep him out there like that is indefensible .[/quote']

Then if you are going to replace him, why do it with Tommy Gasoline Hunter? Hunter should not be in anything but mop up games.

They're still just one game out of first in AL East if Yankees can get two more outs before Boston gets 4.

At this point it doesn't matter to me anymore..just like the last two stupid losses to this last place team...they have had their chance in spades this year and have squandered it and they are just incapable of division winning performance

Buck is too worried about hurting the feelings of his veterans then winning ball games. Kim was a much better matchup than Trumbo in 9th. Down by one with one out, Kim is my guy.

Yeah, Buck has gone from a guy that early in his career was never seen as a "player's manager," to someone that is almost that to a fault.

Buck is too worried about hurting the feelings of his veterans then winning ball games. Kim was a much better matchup than Trumbo in 9th. Down by one with one out, Kim is my guy.

Buck decided on Kim in spring training and was only using him because he had no choice. Now that he has a choice, he's back to not using him again. It's the same thing Buck did in Texas and it's one thing that holds him back from being better than he is. He plays favorites and makes judgments and does not do what's best for the team when it clashes with his biases for or against certain players. Kim is hitting .308 and OPSing .810 and he's on the bench; .389 OBP. Buck is a fool sometimes.

At this point it doesn't matter to me anymore..just like the last two stupid losses to this last place team...they have had their chance in spades this year and have squandered it and they are just incapable of division winning performance

I know it's frustrating. I'm thinking about previous series losses in August. They add up and they do count. But the O's did get their hats handed to them 12-2 vs. Boston early this week and showed a lot of heart to win games two and three. Can happen again. Of course, it needs to happen.

I know it's frustrating. I'm thinking about previous series losses in August. They add up and they do count. But the O's did get their hats handed to them 12-2 vs. Boston early this week and showed a lot of heart to win games two and three. Can happen again. Of course, it needs to happen.

It is how they lose...that 12-2 loss bothered me zero. But this crap..where a veteran player like Hardy or Kim would have PUT his bat on the ball in any of those situations but no. And pitching Gallardo is just a dumpster fire. Oh well, it will pass on.

We are 80-66. Just two games out of first.

Every team has had frustrating losses. Baseball is a he of failure.

We are 90% thru the season, in position to make the playoffs, and still just 2 games back of Boston with four home games left against them, and a 8-7 record against them this year and 48-38 the past 5 years.

And you want to throw in the towel?

O's are almost forced to win the next three. A split or worse against TB at home puts them out of their misery.

Not true at all. I'd love to win all 3 but if we win two well still be in playoff position, and still within shouting distance for the division with 2 weeks left.

I know that there apparently some sort of cash prizes on this board to give up as quickly as possible. If we fall behind in a game, people fall all over themselves to be the first to definitively declare the game over, and if we stumble in games people find the need to declare the season over. I don't quite get the need to announce that you are the fastest to give up, but it seems to be the thing to do here.

Then if you are going to replace him, why do it with Tommy Gasoline Hunter? Hunter should not be in anything but mop up games.

Who do you want that early? Trailing as we did

It's not going to be Brach/Givens/Britton/Hart that early in a game we trail. If you say Drake, then tell me who you would have used in the innings Drake pitched later.

The choices are Wright, Wilson, Duensing, Aquino, probably someone I'm forgetting, and Hunter.

Tommy would be my choice there, just as it was for Buck.

Archived