5 Straight Non-Losing Seasons

spneca

This franchise had losing season for fourteen consecutive years. They are not the Cardinals or Giants. They are a winning team over the last five seasons. with two playoff appearances and closing on their third.

At what point are we allowed to be over the fact that we had 14 straight losing seasons and still be dissatisfied with a season where we end up a few games over .500 but miss the playoffs? I'm kind of ready to be there if we miss the playoffs this year -- but I hope not to find out!

Winning franchises talk about championships not non-losing seasons.

I understand the sentiment in the post. It's just amazing how low the bar has been set after 15 year in the desert.

Nonsense. Being in the playoff race is what it is all about. Some teams have never won a championship. Some like the Cubs haven't won in forever. How long was the Red Sox drought. Just enjoy the winning while its here.

cimota said:

Nonsense. Being in the playoff race is what it is all about. Some teams have never won a championship. Some like the Cubs haven't won in forever. How long was the Red Sox drought? Just enjoy the winning while its here.

o

86 years.

The White Sox had a longer one ........ 88 years (1917-2005.)

o

o

86 years.

So Chicago despite having two teams went 88 years without seeing a championship in baseball. Yet people continued to attend their games in large numbers. I am guessing the average fan isn't as demanding as some of the people on here.

cimota said:

Nonsense. Being in the playoff race is what it is all about. Some teams have never won a championship. Some like the Cubs haven't won in forever. How long was the Red Sox drought? Just enjoy the winning while its here.

OFFNY said:
o

86 years.

o

Orioles4Life21 said:

It's funny that the White Sox had a longer one, but the Red Sox drought got wayyy more attention. I suppose due to the "Curse of the Bambino" thing.

o

I've talked about this before.

In my rat's ass of an opinion, White Sox fans are not/were not as whiny and self-pitying as are/were Cubs fans and Red Sox fans. I've seen documentaries about the Red Sox and their fans, and they themselves (Red Sox fans) said as much about their fellow fans. They called them P.W.N.C.C.'ers ...... Provincial, whining, narcissistic, chronic complainers.

Hence, you didn't here about the White Sox' "cursed" franchise nearly as much as you did about the Red Sox and the Cubs.

o

Archived