Sons of Sam Horn bashing Baltimore and O's fans

DrLev

I hope not, last night's crowd is one that should be at every game. Kudos to the ushers for letting O's fans finally give back to the Sux fans what they deserved...

Last night was basically another student night, but there were more college kids all over the place then just the upper deck so it was spread out.

There were about a dozen O's fan along the 3rd base line (they were actually fans of the game) that were kicked out last night. So the ushers definitely gave it to them last night. They were pretty rowdy and were standing up most of the game so that's probably why they were kicked out after repeated warnings from the usher.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There's a happy middle ground here. We shouldn't be verbally harassing visitors who are sitting on their hands or engaging in pleasant conversation, and I don't think anyone here would do that or is suggesting doing that. Even a little cheering for their team is fine.

Honestly, I have actually been embarassed at the behavior of some Ravens fans when I have gone to a few games. Not often, but a few times. People will start harassing the other team's fans when they aren't even doing anything. That isn't right. And I wouldn't want that to happen at the Yard.

But when groups of Red Sox or Yankees fans come into our park, start harassing us, and try to do all of their cheers like they're back in their own place, that should not be allowed. We must shout them down and boo them out. No Yankee fans chanting the names around the horn, no let's go Yankees, no let's go Red Sox, let's go Manny, etc.

That's like me walking into your house, taking your dinner, putting my feet on your table and grabbing your TV remote out of your hands. Except I'm not the goofy dumb brother in law like on some sitcom, I'm some random jerk off the street who peed on your lawn on the way in.

Well said and I agree.

I have no problem with anyone's fans coming to our ballpark and cheering for thier team. I have a MAJOR problem with other team's fans starting "Let's go whoever" chants in our ballpark. It's rude and obnoxious to go into another team's ballpark and start screeming chants. Red sox fans are the biggest culprits of this and no one has the right to get upset at OUR fans screeming for OUR team in OUR ballpark.

AMEN. This is my main complaint. Obviously, in a perfect world, the yard would be full of O's fans. But the Yankees and Red Sox fans buy their tickets just like everyone else and they have every right to be there. But fans of those teams, and it seems the Red Sox in particular, seem to forget that they are, in fact, visitors. Cheer your butt off for you team, that makes you a good fan. But show some respect for your surroundings and your hosts by refraining from starting chants and the like.

A good friend of mine is a Yankee fan and we always go to games together. But I've made it very clear that it's inappropriate for her to participate in those sorts of antics, and she has even come to agree with me. It's about appropriate behavior.

AMEN. This is my main complaint. Obviously, in a perfect world, the yard would be full of O's fans. But the Yankees and Red Sox fans buy their tickets just like everyone else and they have every right to be there. But fans of those teams, and it seems the Red Sox in particular, seem to forget that they are, in fact, visitors. Cheer your butt off for you team, that makes you a good fan. But show some respect for your surroundings and your hosts by refraining from starting chants and the like.

A good friend of mine is a Yankee fan and we always go to games together. But I've made it very clear that it's inappropriate for her to participate in those sorts of antics, and she has even come to agree with me. It's about appropriate behavior.

:agree::beerchug1::thumbsup1:

Pretty much what I've been saying. There's nothing wrong with catching a game at an opposing park. But you can't act obnoxious, and then act indignant when the hometown crowd puts you in your place for it. Yes, you paid your ticket price like the rest of us, but this isn't your home ballpark, no matter how many jokes about that you made at our expense.

Guess what, we heard those jokes...this is our response: We're not gonna take it. No, we ain't gonna take it. We're not gonna take it anymore.

No, sorry, I meant the first quote. My bad, didn't read the second in its entirety. Was talking about the surrounding area of Camden Yards. Some of it is extremely sketchy, the other is very nice. Kind of like most of Baltimore. Born and raised here, btw.

No, sorry, I meant the first quote. My bad, didn't read the second in its entirety. Was talking about the surrounding area of Camden Yards. Some of it is extremely sketchy, the other is very nice. Kind of like most of Baltimore. Born and raised here, btw.

Okay, phew dude. I was in minor shock over here! :)

And yeah, depending on where you go, it can get sketchy, but the ESPN reference makes it clear that he either didn't go to where they were actually talking about (the Inner Harbor) or if they did, were just being bitter.

Where are the extremely sketchy areas around Camden Yards? Go east and you are at Inner Harbor / Fed Hill. Directly west is Ridgely's Delight. North is downtown / hotels.

You have to have no idea what you are doing to walk the 7-10 blocks to start getting into the bad areas of west Baltimore.

As for the Sons of Sam Horn post. I'm just glad to see Oriole fans not being pushed around anymore. If you start Red Sox chants in an opposing team's stadium, then you deserve what's coming. Most of these fans aren't even real Red Sox fans. DC seems to breed the bandwagoning type - it's ridiculous how many Red Sox "fans" are down here - and they all migrate to Camden Yards when the team is in town.

BTW - Major kudos to Silent James. I almost never agree with the guy, but I love his passion and ability to get people into the game. Nice job!

Where are the extremely sketchy areas around Camden Yards? Go east and you are at Inner Harbor / Fed Hill. Directly west is Ridgely's Delight. North is downtown / hotels.

You have to have no idea what you are doing to walk the 7-10 blocks to start getting into the bad areas of west Baltimore.

As for the Sons of Sam Horn post. I'm just glad to see Oriole fans not being pushed around anymore. If you start Red Sox chants in an opposing team's stadium, then you deserve what's coming. Most of these fans aren't even real Red Sox fans. DC seems to breed the bandwagoning type - it's ridiculous how many Red Sox "fans" are down here - and they all migrate to Camden Yards when the team is in town.

BTW - Major kudos to Silent James. I almost never agree with the guy, but I love his passion and ability to get people into the game. Nice job!

To be fair, one of the reasons DC isn't a great baseball town is that the population cycles through - most are already fans of another team. And a lot of those folks are from the Northeast. Many are legit Boston fans. Not living in the NE now isn't an indictment of them anymore than my residence in NYC means I can't be a real O's fan.

Archived