Sons of Sam Horn bashing Baltimore and O's fans

DrLev

I was at the game with a group of friends and we would definitely fit into the category of fans they are describing. We were sitting in section 5 right next to the flag court overlooking the aisle that goes around the stadium bowl. We were laying into every single person in Sox gear that walked by. We even stayed after the game was over to talk trash until everyone had exited. We weren't vulgar or lewd until we were treated that way first. We were certainly loud and obnoxious however, I'll do what I can to make them as uncomfortable as possible hoping they'll decide not to return. I despise these bandwagon riding Sox fans in our stadium.

I was on the flag court, doing the same. Except a little more lewd and vulgar...its a different crowd on the flag court/bleachers.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was on the flag court, doing the same. Except a little more lewd and vulgar...its a different crowd on the flag court/bleachers.

Gotta love the flag court...I was there until the 6th and moved down to the "nicer" seats.

Also just missed out on getting Luuuuke's HR ball

LOL:D!! That was great!:clap3:

Boo hoo.

welcome to Baltimore now go home.

I hope they stay the hell away. The corporate crowds at Camden are dwindling, those that are left are the poor, disenfranchised, face-painted, young, rowdy Orioles fan.

Ya know, what Red Sox fans ARE EVERYWHERE THEY GO!

There isn't a swear available for me to use to describe my hatred for these useless humans.

I am 100000000% in agreement with you.

I know I am in the minority here, but I hope that O's fans get nastier -- without getting thrown out -- than ever before in history. These Sox jerks can't be made to feel like its okay to come to Baltimore and act like they are in Fenway.

Its just not right at all. And I am tired of it. When did Baltimoreans become sissified? The Baltimore I grew up in was hardcore and we didn't allow anyone to come into Memorial Stadium pretending it was Fenway or Yankees Stadium or even Kaufmann. We had pride in those days.

I once got threatened by a Sox fan at Camden until they realized I had 20 of my friends with me. We took it outside but they backed down when they realized that there weren't that many cops around and that they weren't on Landsdowne Street in Boston.

MSK

Exactly, when the Sox play at Camden Yards it's seen as a vacation trip for those bottom feeding Sox fans and their families. Hopefully a few of them will never come back after last night. I'd love to see the place turn into the most opposing fan unfriendly place to go in the majors. It's priceless to see them whine about behavior from the home fans that they exhibited when they were the visiting fans. It's about time O's fans at the Yard found their can of Raid to get rid of the locusts...

As an Oriole fan who logged lots of time at Memorial Stadium and Camden pre1997, and who for the last ten years has had to see them in Fenway and Yankee Stadium, I want to stick up for civility. I don't enjoy it when Yankee fans yell vulgar slurs at me because I want to see my team. I don't think it's appropriate either. Cheer for your team, loudly. But I paid for my seat, let me cheer for mine. It's not like a fan of an opposing team broke into your house - they sell the tickets to whoever wants to buy them. It's not a house - it's a baseball stadium.

So please, hometown fans everywhere, get over your Neanderthal/tribal insecurity and treat visitors with whom you disagree with class - it shows a lot more character and self confidence than getting abusive does.

As for the area around Camden Yards being nice - it does depend on which direction you walk from Camden, doesn't it? The neighborhoods west of the park are not doing so great, are they?

Boston fans are idiots. Those same fans were the ones screaming their heads off at the Ravens Monday Night game last year, acting like it was a playoff game (after the game that is).

Boston fans are obnoxious, and this has been proven over and over. Wherever they go, they are just plain obnoxious.

I am 100000000% in agreement with you.

I know I am in the minority here, but I hope that O's fans get nastier -- without getting thrown out -- than ever before in history. These Sox jerks can't be made to feel like its okay to come to Baltimore and act like they are in Fenway.

Its just not right at all. And I am tired of it. When did Baltimoreans become sissified? The Baltimore I grew up in was hardcore and we didn't allow anyone to come into Memorial Stadium pretending it was Fenway or Yankees Stadium or even Kaufmann. We had pride in those days.

I once got threatened by a Sox fan at Camden until they realized I had 20 of my friends with me. We took it outside but they backed down when they realized that there weren't that many cops around and that they weren't on Landsdowne Street in Boston.

MSK

I'm with you MSK. I've been involved in dustups with Sawx fans before, although it's never happened inside the stadium. It's called pride in your team and your city. Being nice and polite is fine until they step over the line, which is often with Sawx fans.

I guess the implication of the original poster is that Sox fans don't cheer at Fenway, because he(she) expressed disdain for us cheering at OUR HOME PARK. The fact that opposing fans wasted their time and money to be disappointed probably cranked up the noise somewhat. But of course we're going to cheer... we're supposed to lose. Manny's supposed to get homer 500 to win that game... our rookie bullpen arm isn't supposed to get him to ground back to the mound for a DP AND stop the rally with the next batter. Damn right I'm going to scream my head off...if you don't like it, watch at home. It's not like you have any right to this turf.

Sour grapes... let's home round two ends with the same results later today.

It would be an exceptionally stupid front office that would sign a player and pay him out of previously saved money. The Orioles would sign Teixeira with the assumption that his ability and his hometown connections would put enough people in the stands to make his contract profitable.

If today's Yankee and Red Sox fans are contributing to the Teixeira fund that would imply that once he's signed attendance would continue to stagnate, or worse. When does a team sign a $20M player to a long-term deal despite the assumption that he'll do nothing for wins and revenues?

Pat Hentgen? He may not have been a $20 million dollar player, but between him and Omar Daal, it was just as bad.

I have no problem with anyone's fans coming to our ballpark and cheering for thier team. I have a MAJOR problem with other team's fans starting "Let's go whoever" chants in our ballpark. It's rude and obnoxious to go into another team's ballpark and start screeming chants. Red sox fans are the biggest culprits of this and no one has the right to get upset at OUR fans screeming for OUR team in OUR ballpark.

I truly feel sorry for you. Geez i am not saying don't root for your team but cussing and being rude to visitors is just not right. What could possibilty be wrong with showing respect to the visitors and their fans?

Nothing, but it's gotta be mutual. The second an opposing fan is obnoxious on our turf, he/she should be fair game, if you ask me. I've had plenty of good experiences with both of the "obnoxious stereotype" fans of Boston and NY, but there's always a bunch of the actual obnoxious ones at the parks that just need to sit down and shut up.

Hell, I even have some respect for that NY fan we were giving the business to at the last OH night. For the ones who weren't there, he was about 4 rows behind us and had an I love NY shirt on and kept tugging at it when we were getting rowdy. I think one of the most priceless taunts of the night was James saying something like "yeah, like you gotta be from NY to own a I Love NY shirt. You're from Waldorf." Or something like that, some town in Maryland.

The few times I've been to Fenway in the recent years (I try to catch an O's-Sox game there every year), I've had no problem with being an O's fan in their house. I've had some great conversations with the people around me, and they have generally been very gracious.

As for "acting like it's the playoffs," the crowd at Fenway is always like that. People get to their feet for the last out or two, even if the Sox are up by 4 or 5 runs. I'm thrilled to hear that the O's fans were cheering loud and proud last night. I'm sure the players were happy to be playing with such an electric crowd.

Now, I'm sure that if a ton of O's fans went to Fenway and acted like it was their house, the same Sox fans who were very nice would definitely make sure that they were cheering louder than any visiting fans.

Archived