O's had the best ERA in Baseball in September

wildcard

O's went 16-11 with a 2.90 ERA in September. Kind of amazing.

http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/stats/sortable.jsp?c_id=bal#playerType=ALL&elem=%5Bobject+Object%5D&tab_level=child&click_text=Sortable+Team+pitching&game_type='R'&season=2016&season_type=ANY&league_code='MLB'&sectionType=st&statType=pitching&page=1&ts=1475328572817&timeframe=&last_x_days=&split=9&sortColumn=era&sortOrder='asc'&extended=0

Ubaldo led the O's starters with a 2.31 ERA in 5 starts over 35 innings.

Britton did not allow a run in 11 games.

Britton, Brach, Givens and Hunter had ERAs under 1.00.

The O's have been pitching challenged all season. This turnaround is one for the books. Who knew?

Go O's.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my "A look at the Orioles, by month" thread, I'm going to include the two October games, but it's clear our pitching has been pretty stellar, especially the bullpen. We now have the best bullpen ERA in the AL, and I think we were 5th at the end of August.

In my "A look at the Orioles, by month" thread, I'm going to include the two October games, but it's clear our pitching has been pretty stellar, especially the bullpen. We now have the best bullpen ERA in the AL, and I think we were 5th at the end of August.

Best bullpen, best SP, and leading the league in HR. That could be a winning combination. Hopefully it is enough.

Your Baltimore Bullpen (min 10 IP):

0.50 Donnie Hart

0.55 Zach Briitton

1.60 Brad Brach

2.19 Tommy Hunter

3.08 Dylan Bundy

3.18 Mychal Givens

3.20 Vance Worley

3.27 Mike Wright

3.77 Darren O'Day

3.86 Tyler Wilson

4.05 Brian Duensing

4.08 Oliver Drake

5.60 Odrisamer Despaigne

6.93 T.J. McFarland

8.71 Ubaldo Jimenez

I was thinking that we always have a trim the fat thread at the end of the year where we think we are going to get better by addition by subtraction. Not too many sustained performances like that this year.

Mac will be back, unless he is out of options.

Joseph will get an RBI next year.

Wright and Wilson will have roles and are young.

Reimold and Stubbs will be milb ST invitee's at best

Despaigne is already gone, but did his job and ate some IP for us.

This pitching staff will be better next year. The bullpen has been lock down without O'day. I see Buck getting more confidence in Drake. Hart has earned a role. Ubaldo really changed the rotation. Miley and Gallardo could have bounce back years. Lots to be happy about this year, and lots to be excited for next year over.

O's went 16-11 with a 2.90 ERA in September. Kind of amazing.

http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/stats/sortable.jsp?c_id=bal#playerType=ALL&elem=%5Bobject+Object%5D&tab_level=child&click_text=Sortable+Team+pitching&game_type='R'&season=2016&season_type=ANY&league_code='MLB'?ionType=st&statType=pitching&page=1&ts=1475328572817&timeframe=&last_x_days=&split=9&sortColumn=era&sortOrder='asc'&extended=0

Ubaldo led the O's starters with a 2.31 ERA in 5 starts over 35 innings.

Britton did not allow a run in 11 games.

Britton, Brach, Givens and Hunter had ERAs under 1.00.

The O's have been pitching challenged all season. This turnaround is one for the books. Who knew?

Go O's.

Isn't this around the time Ubaldo became an American citizen? Just sayin'

In watching Manny the last week or so he seems as if he is swinging for the fences.

I see less patience and a loopier swing.

Hopefully he gets back on track.

It seems like he's been doing that for months. He needs to get back to what he was doing in the 1st half.

In watching Manny the last week or so he seems as if he is swinging for the fences.

I see less patience and a loopier swing.

Hopefully he gets back on track.

I think there is a book. Out in Manny. Sliders down and in. Seems to strike out on that pitch a lot and hasn't adjusted.

Archived