Machado IS our Jeter... Our HanRam... Our... "New Cal Ripken"... Right?

Bradysburns

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adam Jones is our Jeter/Pedroia. He is the unofficial captain of the team.

HanRam? Idunno, maybe Trumbo. Ramirez isn't close to being Boston's alpha player.

Ripken -- yeah I can see Machado being a parallel. Way too early though. The Orioles would first need to extend his contract.

Adam Jones is our Jeter/Pedroia. He is the unofficial captain of the team.

HanRam? Idunno, maybe Trumbo. Ramirez isn't close to being Boston's alpha player.

Ripken -- yeah I can see Machado being a parallel. Way too early though. The Orioles would first need to extend his contract.

Jones is the leader, Davis is the LH Batter who is either Jesus Christ or a dumpster fire more like Papi with Cruz/ Trumbo/ Mancini being Hanley, and if Manny is extended through the end of time, then he's Ripken

Would you agree with that statement? Why or why not?

Not at all. To be a Jeter or a Ripken you have to spend 20 seasons with one team. Jones is the only player who comes close to representing the team as he has 9 full seasons here. Wieters has been here 8 seasons. Don't think he will make 20.

What does HanRam have to do with Ripken or Jeter? One of these three is not the same.

Manny hasn't established himself as a team leader. Maybe he will in a few years. Maybe he will still be an Oriole. Too soon to answer the question.

Because Papi retired. And Pedroia is too short. He's looking Alpha.

I think he's our Eddie Murray. Great, great player on a HOF track who just goes out and helps the team win, but almost inexplicably has ended up with a small minority of fans who can't stand him and want him gone. Presumably because he hasn't signed a super team-friendly extension and hasn't completed the Cal Ripken school of never, ever doing anything the slightest bit offensive.

Archived