When did you turn the TV off?

Frobby

For me, the instant I realized that ball was headed for the stands, I turned my TV off. Didn't even wait for Encarnacion to get to 3B. The last thing I needed was to watch the Blue Jays celebrate or the announcers doing their interviews and post-mortem. I hate it when the Orioles' season ends, whether it's after Game 162 or Game 7 of the World Series, and losing that way to that team is something I did not want to wallow in.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I muted the sound after the HR. I waited till Pedro Martinez and his crew came on to un-mute it. At some point, I multi-tasked and turned to OH and then I put the captions TV on with the sound down and listened to the O's postgame show and 105.7's guys to weigh in. It was a mult-tasking masterpiece overload. I think it's called shock.

There might be something I don't know about him but Encarnacion is one of the guys on that team I don't mind. Anyway though I waited until the ball went in the stands, shut the TV off before he got to second base.

As soon as I saw the ball go in the stands and the all the fans cheering, I felt sick and immediately put it on NFL network. I will not be watching anything baseball related for probably a week. This loss really stung, they all do but this one really sucked.

Archived