Ben Revere?

theobird

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He is coming off of a poor season, and he will have a reasonable price attached to him because of that. I like his skill set, and I think he would be a good target for the Orioles. What say you?

Wouldn't be easier to just re sign Michael Bourn? He did well for us.

Wouldn't be easier to just re sign Michael Bourn? He did well for us.

Revere is only 28, Bourn is 33 with downward trending numbers. His speed and defense are likely going away due to age. I'd only bring him back on a 1 year deal as a backup outfielder, if at all.

Revere intrigues me - I was hoping we'd get him instead of Parra last year (2015) at the deadline. His OPS this past season was about 100 points below normal. Was he trying to play through an injury or something? He's young enough that his skills shouldn't be eroding at this point.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/r/reverbe01.shtml

Revere is only 28, Bourn is 33 with downward trending numbers. His speed and defense are likely going away due to age. I'd only bring him back on a 1 year deal as a backup outfielder, if at all.

Revere intrigues me - I was hoping we'd get him instead of Parra last year (2015) at the deadline. His OPS this past season was about 100 points below normal. Was he trying to play through an injury or something? He's young enough that his skills shouldn't be eroding at this point.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/r/reverbe01.shtml

But Revere is currently signed until 2018 and will have to give up something to acquire him. Bourn started declining around the same age as Revere. Would be easier to sign Bourn to a minor league deal if we can.

But Revere is currently signed until 2018 and will have to give up something to acquire him. Bourn started declining around the same age as Revere. Would be easier to sign Bourn to a minor league deal if we can.

Im okay with reasonable big league deal for Bourn and pencil him in as 4th OF.

Not necessarily. He's due for an arbitration increase and the Nats may nontender him if they plan to keep Turner in CF.

I think he also improved during his playing time and keeping in mind, his young age, its not unrealistic to expect to see more.

Eh, he was 25 last year, not that young. Anyway defense peaks early.

Hopefully his athleticism allows him to improve.

He certainly looked as if his defensive ceiling was higher than we saw last year.

Archived