Ben Revere?

theobird

I like Revere too as a potential bounceback candidate - question is, who plays RF?  My understanding is that Revere doesn't have the arm for it, and we know Kim doesn't either.  If we add Revere and plan to play him nearly everyday, that would probably necessitate Kim moving to DH, with Mancini just being the short side platoon.  That would seem to conflict with Dan's recent statements that seemed to endorse Mancini as having the inside track at every day DH (obviously nothing with what DD said is set in stone, but just a possible indicator).

I know there is another thread on Pagan, but does anyone know his ability to play RF?  I know he's played mostly LF and CF.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/13/2016 at 10:26 AM, Redskins Rick said:

Im okay with reasonable big league deal for Bourn and pencil him in as 4th OF.

I just don't see how all these options for a speedy OF type is better than Bourn.  I assume Bourn will only cost the league min.  He performed here pretty well and Buck seemed to like him.  We know how important that is.  

I just don't see the point in spending more than the league min. on a 5th OF, 25th guy, last guy on the bench type.  Definitely not guaranteed money over the min.  At some point we may have to cut a guy like this for an 8 man pen.  It happens.  

• 1 year later...
19 minutes ago, luismatos4prez said:

Just got released. Would anyone take him over Gentry as a backup OF and base stealer? 

That would make our LF/RF options Mancini (R), Trumbo (R), Rasmus (L), Revere (L), Santander (R)

No. Gentry is far superior to me.  Plus, if you are lefthanded and don't hit - You are David Lough. 

Archived