Hangouters Top 30 prospects!

Tony-OH

I would put the odds of Rodriguez being added to the 40 man at about 5%. Yacabonis at 50% and Liranzo at %100 (assuming he's eligible). I haven't had a chance to look at the players wh are eligible yet, so there may be others. Rodriguez has good numbers but he clearly isn't regarded highly within the organization, IMO. There must be a reason (stuff?).

I am not sure if Liranzo is eligible for the rule V draft(I believe he is), but he is eligible for minor league free agency if he is not signed for next year already on a minor league deal or placed on the 40 man roster. This is because he was release from his first contract which was with Atlanta. According to the rules a player who has been released from his first contract is eligible for minor league free agency every year unless he is signed to a minor league contract for the next year or placed on the 40 man roster.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
None of these are rule 5 eligible.

Corban Joseph (Caleb's brother) is most definitely Rule V eligible. In fact he is eligible for minor league free agency unless he is signed for next year(or on the 40 man roster). He will not be on the 40 man roster IMO. Mercedes was release from his original contract with the Nationals, so he is eligible for minor league free agency unless he is signed for next year already(or on the 40 man roster). I do not think he will be on the 40 man roster either. If he performs next year like he did this year, it might happen. Gunkel is rule V eligible this year, but will most likely not be on the 40 man roster.

Wilson allowed a .294 average to batters and had a 1.43 WHIP when he pitched in relief last year. Wright had a total of 11 innings in major league relief last yearf. I don't think either of them has anything locked up. They will come to camp and fight for a job on the major league roster IMO. They have options and can be sent down and be called up as needed.

Richard Rodriguez went 8-2, 2.53 ERA, 81.2 IP, 65 H, 81 SO, 1.10 WHIP at AAA. If the O's don't put him on the major league roster there is a good chance someone else will. I know there is no chatter about him, I don't understand why. I would think the O's would add Liranzo, Yacabonis and Rodriguez to the 40 man this off season. The pen is one of the strength of the O's. Its where they are probably going to deal from if they trade for a right fielder. They should keep their depth.

Because scouts don't think much of him. He certainly put up some nice numbers getting both right-handers and left-handers out, but the Orioles never even gave him sniff last year. Yacabonis and Liranzo should be added to the 40-man, but I doubt Rodriguez will be.

You are right that Wilson doesn't have anything locked up, but I expect him to be given every chance to take that role with Wright as his main competition.

I am not sure if Liranzo is eligible for the rule V draft(I believe he is), but he is eligible for minor league free agency if he is not signed for next year already on a minor league deal or placed on the 40 man roster. This is because he was release from his first contract which was with Atlanta. According to the rules a player who has been released from his first contract is eligible for minor league free agency every year unless he is signed to a minor league contract for the next year or placed on the 40 man roster.

He is eligible and unless he's hurt enough (he hasn't pitched since his first appearance in the AFL) to question his ability to pitch next year, I believe the Orioles will add him to the 40-man.

Because scouts don't think much of him. He certainly put up some nice numbers getting both right-handers and left-handers out, but the Orioles never even gave him sniff last year. Yacabonis and Liranzo should be added to the 40-man, but I doubt Rodriguez will be.

You are right that Wilson doesn't have anything locked up, but I expect him to be given every chance to take that role with Wright as his main competition.

By the end of the AAA season he had pitched 81.2 innings. That is very close to as many as he has ever pitched. 83.2 inning is 2015. Maybe the O's thought he had done about all he can do. He wasn't on the 40 man roster. They would have had to let someone go to call him up. They already had Wilson and Wright as September call ups.

I don't know why he didn't get move praise for what he did. I am just speculating.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Parker Bridwell added to <a href="https://twitter.com/MLBazFallLeague">@MLBazFallLeague</a>'s Peoria roster; Jesus Liranzo removed. Bridwell No. 27 on <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> Top 30 <a href="https://t.co/ISjkw6WGs2">https://t.co/ISjkw6WGs2</a> <a href="https://t.co/9WRDPv3CfZ">pic.twitter.com/9WRDPv3CfZ</a></p>— MLB Pipeline (@MLBPipeline) <a href="

">October 26, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Bridwell

By the end of the AAA season he had pitched 81.2 innings. That is very close to as many as he has ever pitched. 83.2 inning is 2015. Maybe the O's thought he had done about all he can do. He wasn't on the 40 man roster. They would have had to let someone go to call him up. They already had Wilson and Wright as September call ups.

I don't know why he didn't get move praise for what he did. I am just speculating.

I'm not sure why you are keeping this up buddy. You are speculating, I am not. Let's not forget that I don't just make things up when we talk about players value and such. After talking with scouts in multiple organizations, player personnel and with my own analysis and scouting, I think I got a pretty good grasp on where guys fit. Not saying I can't be wrong, but what I'm saying is no one, not one person I spoke to talked about Rodriguez. In fact i went back and double checked with some scouts and got, "He doesn't have anything that makes him standout."

He had a real nice season, and I'm not saying he might not one day get a chance in the big leagues, but teams don't normally add 26-year old AAA right-handed relievers with middling stuff to their 40 man over the winter. He's not the kind of guy someone is going to take in the Rule 5 because teams will look for better upside and honestly, you can shake a AAA tree and ten Rodriguez's drop out into your organization.

I'm not sure why you are keeping this up buddy. You are speculating, I am not. Let's not forget that I don't just make things up when we talk about players value and such. After talking with scouts in multiple organizations, player personnel and with my own analysis and scouting, I think I got a pretty goosd grasp on where guys fit. Not saying I can't be wrong, but what I'm saying is no one, not one person I spoke to talked about Rodriguez. In fact i went back and double checked with some scouts and got, "He doesn't have anything that makes him standout."

He had a real nice season, and I'm not saying he might not one day get a chance in the big leagues, but teams don't normally add 26-year old AAA right-handed relievers with middling stuff to their 40 man over the winter. He's not the kind of guy someone is going to take in the Rule 5 because teams will look for better upside and honestly, you can shake a AAA tree and ten Rodriguez's drop out into your organization.

Tony, I never question that fact the you have more baseball knowledge, more connections and are in better position to make player assessments than I. You are the man. And I agree that there is no chatter about Richard Rodriguez and therefore he will probably not be added to the O's 40 man roster. I do think someone may add him this off season to their 40 man roster.

While you are shaking that AAA tree for all the guys that are just as not special as RR, think about this. I think he led the International League in innings by a reliever with 81.2 IP. He also had the best WHIP of any reliever in the International League with more that 50 IP at 1.10. I am eye balling these two numbers so I could be wrong but there may be something special about Richard. Maybe its just not his stuff.

From an Orioles fan in Texas I am going to be a little of a homer here. Only saw one mention of Ryan Moseley on anyone's list. He was a potential first day guy before the college season. Granted it was a tough season, but he seemed to recover nicely after the draft. Tied for the Aberdeen team lead in saves and was only there half the season. Had control issues at times during the college season, but had 12 appearances 19.2 IP with 18 K and 9 BB (3 of those BB were in one outing) with the Ironbirds. 92-94 mph power sinker, 87-88 mph slider and a plus change resulting in a .191 OBA and 1.14 WHIP just seems like it might at least garner some more attention regardless of the draft round. Seems like a prospect list would look more to the "potential" than the "current". Just my 2 cents.

1. Sisco

2. Harvey

3. Mountcastle

4. Sedlock

5. Peralta

6. Akin

7. Mancini

8. Hays

9. Gonzalez

10. Mullins

11. Dietz

12. Scott

13. Liranzo

14. Fenter

15. Meisinger

16. Gassaway

17. Wells

18. Cleavinger

19. Reyes

20. Murphy

21. Leyva

22. Peluffo

23. Curran

24. Stewart

25. Moseley

26. Billingsley

27. Gunkel

28. Ortega

29. McKenna

30. Alvarado

From an Orioles fan in Texas I am going to be a little of a homer here. Only saw one mention of Ryan Moseley on anyone's list. He was a potential first day guy before the college season. Granted it was a tough season, but he seemed to recover nicely after the draft. Tied for the Aberdeen team lead in saves and was only there half the season. Had control issues at times during the college season, but had 12 appearances 19.2 IP with 18 K and 9 BB (3 of those BB were in one outing) with the Ironbirds. 92-94 mph power sinker, 87-88 mph slider and a plus change resulting in a .191 OBA and 1.14 WHIP just seems like it might at least garner some more attention regardless of the draft round. Seems like a prospect list would look more to the "potential" than the "current". Just my 2 cents.

I actually saw Moseley at Aberdeen and liked what I saw, especially for a guy drafted where he was. He's definitely worth keeping an eye on.

Archived