Hangouters Top 30 prospects!

Tony-OH

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think I follow. What kind of issue?

Unknown exactly. Here is the quote(s) from the poster, who has been correct on nearly all topics.

Fans shouldn't hold their breath waiting for him to be added to O's 40-man roster - ever.
You are correct in thinking that I think otherwise. Its off-field, not on-field. Just my humble opinion. I'll say no more.

1. Sedlock

2. Sisco

3. Harvey

4. Mancini

5. Akin

6. Hays

7. Dietz

8. Mountcastle

9. Reyes

10. Peralta

11. Stewart

12. Scott

13. Lee

14. Wells

15. Garcia

16. Walker

17. Gassaway

18. Lirazona

19. Gonzalez

20. Cleavinger

21. Mullins

22. Peluffo

23. McKenna

24. Muckenhirn

25. Fenter

26. Hanifee

27. Heinrich

28. Curran

29. Bridwell

30. Grimes

Others receiving votes who could easily make the list with continued success moving or success after a down year:

Kline, Hess, Leyva, Wynns, Billingsley, Yacabonis, Meisinger

I've mentioned this previously, but I'm optimistic about this group. There might not be any superstars in this group, but its deeper than usual with players who could contribute to the major league team.

Plus, next years team doesn't have much room for rookies - so next year's list will have the same names with at least 2 new high draft picks included in the top 15.

1. Sedlock

2. Sisco

3. Harvey

4. Mancini

5. Akin

6. Hays

7. Dietz

8. Mountcastle

9. Reyes

10. Peralta

11. Stewart

12. Scott

13. Lee

14. Wells

15. Garcia

16. Walker

17. Gassaway

18. Lirazona

19. Gonzalez

20. Cleavinger

21. Mullins

22. Peluffo

23. McKenna

24. Muckenhirn

25. Fenter

26. Hanifee

27. Heinrich

28. Curran

29. Bridwell

30. Grimes

Others receiving votes who could easily make the list with continued success moving or success after a down year:

Kline, Hess, Leyva, Wynns, Billingsley, Yacabonis, Meisinger

I've mentioned this previously, but I'm optimistic about this group. There might not be any superstars in this group, but its deeper than usual with players who could contribute to the major league team.

Plus, next years team doesn't have much room for rookies - so next year's list will have the same names with at least 2 new high draft picks included in the top 15.

Wasn't Heinrich traded for Bourn?

Coming from his college pitching coach. I will take it with a grain of salt. He was solid in the NY-Penn league, nothing more and nothing less. Not putting too much stock in that, but he wasn't dominant enough for me to put him above a guy like Sisco who is the same age and hitting .320 with a .400 OBP in the Eastern League.

Coming from his college pitching coach. I will take it with a grain of salt. He was solid in the NY-Penn league, nothing more and nothing less. Not putting too much stock in that, but he wasn't dominant enough for me to put him above a guy like Sisco who is the same age and hitting .320 with a .400 OBP in the Eastern League.

Hard to argue with this. An argument could even be made that he should be behind a guy like Mountcastle too who was drafted in a similar position, two years younger, and actually proved himself in full season ball. I think he will be the OH # 1, but I don't see why a 30 overall pick who performed decently in rookie ball is owed an obligatory no. 1 ranking.

I'm more excited about a guy like Hays, to be honest.

Agreed. We've got a bunch of OFers that I think people are taking for granted. There was an awful shortage of pitching, but they went a long way to improve there in the 2016 draft. They still don't have anyone that wows you as the top or even 2nd ranked prospect, and there's a dramatic failure to have even one middle infield prospect - assuming Mountcastle won't qualify there. Even realizing Harvey may miss all next season, I'd put him at #1.

Btw, I wouldn't include Tanner Scott in the top 20. His command is just not good enough.

Agreed. We've got a bunch of OFers that I think people are taking for granted. There was an awful shortage of pitching, but they went a long way to improve there in the 2016 draft. They still don't have anyone that wows you as the top or even 2nd ranked prospect, and there's a dramatic failure to have even one middle infield prospect - assuming Mountcastle won't qualify there. Even realizing Harvey may miss all next season, I'd put him at #1.

Btw, I wouldn't include Tanner Scott in the top 20. His command is just not good enough.

See Palmer, Jim the early days. Or, any other number of guys who had command issues early. He throws really, really hard.

Archived